Purpose: To supervise and train staff accountants, and to oversee accounting for fee-managed properties.
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting.
- Minimum 3 years accounting experience.
- Real estate/property management accounting experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in Excel, working knowledge of Word.
- Proficient in Yardi.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Desire to develop professionally through working on special projects and to develop staff professionally.
- Willingness to work overtime, take on special projects, etc. as needed for the benefit of meeting department goals on a timely basis
- Able to identify and research issues to determine proper accounting treatment.
Essential functions include (but are not limited to):
- Perform all responsibilities of staff accountant for fee-managed properties
- Train new staff accountants on job functions and train experienced staff accountants on new tasks
- Review journal entries, account reconciliations, etc. as completed by staff accountants
- Work with other Accountant(s) and Staff to ensure consistency of accounting policies and procedures is maintained in the department
- Assist in the annual evaluation process of staff accountants
- Provide information to and receive information from senior management team
- Prepare monthly financial statements and reporting packages and deliver results to Assistant Controller/Accounting Manager, and others
- Prepare and review property audit files (As Needed)
- Review monthly analytical cash and revenue close (Monthly)
- Assist with annual coordination of property audits
- Special projects as needed