Sr. Staff Accountant
Reporting to the Director of Finance, the Senior Accountant will have responsibility for the day-to-day operations in the Finance department including the management of the month-end close process, accounts payable operations, accounts receivable, payroll, and bank reconciliations. The role will assist with other activities, such as financial analysis, support Company growth, as well as providing select, confidential administrative work with the Director of Human Resources. The position requires professionalism, flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills and discretion with the ability to multi-task while delivering high quality work, and the capability to work collaboratively in a rapidly changing environment. The role will interact closely with all levels of management and staff, as well as outside service providers (vendors, consultants, etc.).
Scope of Work and Responsibilities:
- Manage all day-to-day accounts payable operations, including vendor management, invoice entry, and payment and provide suggestions for continued improvement for all processes and efficiencies
- Develop a process for purchase orders to support work orders and compliant invoice and purchase order approval process
- Manage the company’s corporate credit cards and monthly reconciliation
- Manage the year-end audit process including managing materials to support audit requirements/requests and interacting with auditors
- Assist in the preparation of forecasts, and financial analysis
- Support compliance across the company including tax filings, implementation of controls, and governance
- Ensure review, timely processing, and payment of compliant expense reports
- Manage the monthly close and financial reporting processes
- Preparation of monthly bank reconciliations to ensure accuracy and timeliness
- Manage the complete payroll process, including regular and special payrolls, all timely changes to payroll, and reconciling payroll to the general ledger
- Work closely with Human Resources to ensure timely and accurate employee transactions and to provide ad hoc confidential support (PTO tracking, benefits administration, etc.
- AR cycle, including posting cash receipts and including collection activities on overdue accounts.
- Serve as back-up to Staff Accountant at MBLI, duties to be developed.
- Serve as back-up to Director of Finance, duties to be developed.
- Manage Panatrack asset tracking program/process.
- Manage Vicinity costing and general knowledge of how to build bill of materials.
Qualifications and Professional Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance,
- 3-5 years of experience, public accounting and/or life science/biotech preferred
- Broad knowledge of accounting principles (“GAAP”)
- Strong expertise with enterprise technology systems and advanced skill and experience in Excel
- Experience with Great Plains, required
- Experience using payroll systems required, Paylocity preferred
- Outstanding verbal, written and technology communication skills successfully working with all levels of the organization; high proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (PowerPoint, Excel, and Word)
- Experience with forecasting and financial analysis
- Proven effectiveness in time management, attention to detail and organizational skills
- Reputation for successfully building sustained, external third-party relationships while representing the best interests of the Company
- Proven history keeping sensitive information confidential
- Performs other duties, as required
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities.