Sevatec is seeking a talented and driven Sr. Staff Accountant to join the Accounting Team. He/She will be responsible for providing leadership to fellow accounting staff and general accounting support to other managers within the company. Maintains financial reports, records, and general ledgers. Assists in preparing and analyzing budgets and performs general bookkeeping. Responsible for billing activities such as Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable. Supports internal and external financial/company audits as required. The Sr. Staff Accountant reports to the Sevatec Controller and is expected to support other accounting personnel as directed.
- Lead payroll processing
- Provides support for A/P and A/R activities
- Review project setup in JAMIS ensuring accuracy, generate assigned project billing on a monthly basis, review/post entries made by fellow accountants
- Review vendor setup in JAMIS ensuring accuracy.
- Review project subcontractor agreements/modifications to understand available funding
- Support field work for financial and operational audits
- Research and correct account discrepancies
- Analyze and reconcile internal general ledger accounts and bank statements
- Maintain the general ledger chart of accounts
- Help with the evaluation of internal controls
- Assist with month-end closing
- Review general ledger accounts; Prepare adjusting and accrual journal entries; Post monthly, quarterly and yearly accruals
- Assist with preparing annual Incurred Cost Submissions (ICS)
- Assist with managing corporate accounts (credit cards, banking, etc.)
- Assist with corporate tax preparation/field work/reporting for recurring filings
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or related field with adequate project-based accounting professional working experience; preferably with a federal contractor company (adequate years of experience may be substituted for education)
- Must possess the ability to analyze and resolve cost discrepancies
- Must have working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP)
- Must be able to multi-task, establish priorities and organize efficiently
- Must possess excellent writing, business communication, and problem-solving skills.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office suite (especially Excel) and with accounting software is essential; JAMIS expertise preferred
Sevatec is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law."