We are hiring a Senior Staff Accountant for a $50M, family owned and operated steel pipe, warehouse environment co. HQ by Hobby Airport. You will be the main Accountant in Houston and will reports to the VP of Finance who's in CA and has been with the company 9 years. Advanced Excel skills required
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with all accounting functions including but not limited to accounts receivable, accounts payable, daily cashier tie out and time clock input.
- Assist with the day-to-day, monthly and year-end operations of the Accounting/ Finance Department including daily KIP matrixes, budget review and analysis.
- Review the processing of functional and benefits expense allocations, monthly accruals, amortization of prepaid expenses, fixed assets depreciation and recording of adjusting and reclassification journal entries, if necessary.
- Prepare and analyze the monthly budget/forecast to actual variance reports per program and department.
- Perform general accounts analysis and reconciliations, including bank statements, fixed assets, employer’s benefit costs, accruals and prepaid expenses.
- Assist in the preparation of financial reports such as financial statements, budget performance, and interim financial reporting.
- Prepares, analyzes, and reconciles all financial statements and related reports including but not limited to balance sheets, income statements, cash-flow reports, budgets, and variance analysis.
- Provides specialized analyses in support of all A/R functions.
- Keeps up to date on overall activities of the team, identifying problem areas and taking corrective actions.
- Assists with special projects as required.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) or equivalent.
- Two to six years related experience and/or training.
- Working knowledge of forecasting and financial reports.
- Working knowledge of data collection, data analysis, evaluation for data collection and end reporting.
- Ability to work with all levels of management.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow.
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm.
- Proven leadership and business acumen skills.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficient in excel with pivot table experience.
- Analytical--Synthesizes complex or diverse information; Collects and researches data; Uses intuition and experience to complement data; Designs work flows and procedures.
- Problem Solving--Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; Gathers and analyzes information skillfully; Develops alternative solutions; Works well in group problem solving situations; Uses reason even when dealing with emotional topics.
- Customer Service--Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication--Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Written Communication--Writes clearly and informatively; Edits work for spelling and grammar; Varies writing style to meet needs; Presents numerical data effectively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork--Balances team and individual responsibilities; Exhibits objectivity and openness to others' views; Gives and welcomes feedback; Contributes to building a positive team spirit; Puts success of team above own interests; Able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; Supports everyone's efforts to succeed.
- Organizational Support--Follows policies and procedures; Completes administrative tasks correctly and on time; Supports organization's goals and values; Benefits organization through outside activities; Supports affirmative action and respects diversity.
- Planning/Organizing--Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives;
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Occasionally required to stand
- Occasionally required to walk
- Continually required to sit
- Frequently required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Frequently required to deal with the public and handle cash/credit cashier transactions