The position is for a Staff System Engineer Subject Matter Expert (SME) to design, implement, and test EO/IR Video Correction and Enhancement algorithms. Algorithms will support Missile Warning Systems, Situational Awareness Infrared Search and Track, Navigation Systems, and Enhanced Vision Systems. Work includes, but is not limited to, Multi-Point Non Uniformity Correction, Scene Based Non Uniformity Correction, Optics Shading Removal, and Video Enhancement. This position is for System Engineering Center of Excellence for Elbit Systems of America (ESA). This position requires the successful candidate to demonstrate at least ten years’ experience in algorithm development for Aerospace or Military Applications.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required (Unique and Measurable):
- Design and development of algorithm development, including but not limited to:
- Detailed knowledge of Matlab/Simulink tools (includes embedded coder and HDL coder)
- Detailed knowledge of IR/EO systems including generation/use of characterization data
- Detailed knowledge of optimizing algorithms for FPGAs (creation of streaming model)
- Detailed knowledge of data analytics, including collection, parsing, and processing
- Knowledge of EO/IR systems modeling and characterization is preferred
- Knowledge of model based design is preferred
The successful candidate will be responsible for leading and executing algorithm development efforts over multiple programs. They will work with the system engineering, software engineering, and firmware engineering organizations to provide video correction and enhancement firmware/software solution to be implemented in embedded processing hosted within an EO/IR sensor.
This will include:
- Data driven algorithm development to optimize performance given sensing/processing constraints
- Working with interdisciplinary team consisting of systems, software, firmware, and electrical
- Working with test engineering team with EO/IR sensor characterization
- Excellent planning, management and communication skills
- Ability to provide technical direction and generate material for proposals
- Ability to contribute to corporate roadmaps including EO/IR and embedded processing technology
- Work independently and create technical direction for the overall organization
Bachelor's Degree and 10+ years functional experience required; Master's Degree preferred
- Specific Degree Field: Aeronautical, Computer Science, Electrical, Electronic, Mechanical, Mathematics, Software or Systems Engineering.
- Must be able to obtain a security clearance.
Security Clearance Required: Secret