This is for two senior systems administrator positions that are responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining computer systems and testbeds to support research and development programs in the Secure Resilient Systems and Technology Group. Works closely with software architects, software developers, and researchers in an agile, DevOps environment.
The Secure Resilient Systems and Technology Group creates and transitions advanced technologies for ensuring the security and resiliency of next-generation mission-critical systems. The group's research and development (R&D) in this area focus on a wide range of systems from drones and satellites, to handheld devices and miniature sensors, to high-performance secure cloud computing, to many others.
The group comprises computer scientists; software, hardware, and electrical engineers; cryptographers; system analysts; and security architects, all of whom share a common passion for helping solve some of the hardest technical problems relevant to national security. The group pursues innovative, high-impact, practical research in small focused teams, and it succeeds by participating in all R&D phases, including problem analysis and innovative solution design, system architecture, rapid prototyping, field testing, and, ultimately, transfer of the technology to Department of Defense and Intelligence Community users, sponsors, and industry.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Domains: IT infrastructure; Networking; Virtualization; system architecture design; system configuration management, administration, and troubleshooting; application deployment and support; user support; system and application documentation.
• Responsible for Data Center/Server Room operations; System provisioning, network configuration, administration of Linux, Windows, VMWare, and vSphere.
• Configuration of Network attached storage for Virtualization backend and backups, SAN, iSCSI, NFS
• Design, develop, and support server and network deployments for technical programs; ensure system availability; OS builds/upgrades; system patching; apply OS configuration to new systems; troubleshoot host/server failures and related issues; perform routine data backups; documenting maintenance actions taken; infrastructure diagrams; document and prepare security mitigations.
• Experience with configuration automation tools such as Ansible, Packer, Terraform.
• Experience with provisioning automation with Kickstart, Vagrant, vSphere API, AWS API.
• Ability to spec system requirements, estimate cost and provide quotes to meet project needs.
• Ability to complete schedule of weekly audit reviews; user management; profile updates; inspection preparation; sanitizations of equipment; AV updates; validate OS technical controls; ensure all HW changes follow Security Department procedures; responsible for laptop sign-outs and Removable Media Access Forms; documenting maintenance actions taken.
• System BIOS and firmware maintenance/lockdown
• OS configuration with Active Directory, for policy enforcement through GPO, and user and group management.
• Evaluate and propose the use of open source and commercial software, frameworks, and tools where applicable.
• Interact with other system administrators, network engineers, service providers to meet program goals.
• Perform all related duties as assigned.
• Must be a U.S. citizen with an active DoD secret clearance
• MS OR BS and at least one certification and at least 8 years of applicable experience.
• Operating Systems: RHEL and CentOS 6 and 7, Windows, OSX, VMware, Junos, Cisco IOS.
• Hardware: Intel/AMD, Cisco, Juniper, Dell, Apple, EMC, NetApp.
• Software/applications: Atlassian suite, Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio, Outlook), MS Active Directory, LDAP, SAP.
• Programming Languages: Perl, Python, Shell Scripting, Powershell.
• Configuration management automation tools such as Ansible, Puppet, or Chef
• Provisioning automation with Kickstart, Satellite, Foreman, or Katello
• Networking applications and protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, NTP, DHCP, SSH, FTP and HTTP/S.
• Systems auditing, and hardening per security policies including firewall, OS, application configurations.
• Candidates must be enthusiastic, innovative and motivated self-starters able to work independently to complete tasks and meet goals.
• Candidates must also be able to work within a team to achieve project success.
• Candidates must possess strong oral and written communications skills, and must be able to present findings/results to internal and external organizations.
• Container technologies, Docker, Kubernetes, for Linux and Windows containers.
• AWS deployment of virtual machines and containers with cloud-init and Terraform.
• Build automation with Maven, and Bamboo or Jenkins.
• Familiarity with the GitFlow workflow.
• Previous experience with STIG and OpenSCAP.
• Support hardware development lifecycle, embedded Linux and FPGAs.
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Lexington, MA
• Travel: Non-Anticipated
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.