Odyssey Systems is looking for a Sr. System Administrator to provide systems & application administration, enterprise infrastructure engineering, cyber security operations and program support to our customer.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The successful candidate will support the research group's end user devices, Linux systems, They will assist with automated configuration management and security vulnerability remediation. Position requires technical depth in Operating Systems (OS) (Linux, Windows), hardware, networks, and IT security best practices as well as a high degree of troubleshooting skills to quickly diagnose and resolve issues. The successful candidate will have a team and staff focused approach to IT administration, support, and future development. Proactive planning and implementation for program support is required.
• Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain an active secret clearance
• MS OR BS and at least 1 Certification, and at least 8 years of experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or other related scientific or technical discipline, or equivalent experience
• 5+ years IT and Linux (Ubuntu/CentOS) Administration - Experience and knowledge required to manage, monitor, troubleshoot and maintain/design highly available solutions in an enterprise Linux environment.
• Solid understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, WINS and LDAP
• IT Security - vulnerability remediation, network design, logging. Develop and implementation of system security plans for unique and system and operating requirements outside established security policy.
• Working knowledge of Virtualization technologies (VMware, Hyper-V, etc.)
• Experience in the admin and tuning of Linux and application stacks (Apache, Tomcat, Samba, MySQL, etc.)
• Active secret clearance
• Attached Storage - SAN (Netapp), NAS, Direct
• Windows System Administration; active directory, system builds.
• AWS/AWS GovCloud Experience
• RHCE Certification and/or RHCSA Certification
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Lexington, MA
• Duration: 3 years and 40 hours a week
• Travel: Travel may be expected
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.