Our customer creates and transitions advanced technologies for ensuring the security and resiliency of next-generation mission-critical systems. The group's research and development (R&D) in this area focus on a wide range of systems from drones and satellites, to handheld devices and miniature sensors, to high-performance secure cloud computing, too many others.
The group comprises computer scientists; software, hardware, and electrical engineers; cryptographers; system analysts; and security architects, all of whom share a common passion for helping solve some of the hardest technical problems relevant to national security. The group pursues innovative, high-impact, practical research in small focused teams, and it succeeds by participating in all R&D phases, including problem analysis and innovative solution design, system architecture, rapid prototyping, field testing, and, ultimately, transfer of the technology to Department of Defense and Intelligence Community users, sponsors, and industry.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
This is a senior systems administrator position that is responsible for designing, implementing and maintaining computer systems and testbeds to support research and development programs in the Secure Resilient Systems and Technology Group at our customer’s site. Works closely with software architects, software developers, and researchers in an agile, DevOps environment. The candidate will also be responsible for the following;
• Serve as the go-to person for IT infrastructure and system administration needs in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team of researchers, analysts, and software developers.
• Translate program requirements into IT tasks.
• Specify hardware features and technical details in support of program requirements.
• Design, build and maintain local R&D testbeds as well as forward-deployed systems. Ensure these systems are secure, up-to-date, and available for demonstrations as well as day-to-day research activities.
• Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain an active Secret clearance
• MS or BS, plus at least 1 certification and at least 8 years of applicable experience
• Advanced Linux system administration, specifically RedHat Enterprise Linux 6 and 7
• Demonstrated familiarity administering Windows Server 2012 and 2016
• Advanced system administration of virtualized environments, i.e., VMWare ESX, vCenter, vSphere
• Configuration management automation tools, such as ansible, Chef or Puppet
• Experience with automating sysadmin tasks using scripts: Bash, Python, PowerShell
• Provisioning certificates and administering PKI components, such as certificate authorities
• Installing, configuring and managing directory services, i.e., LDAP and Active Directory
• Experience with DoD Security Technical Guidelines (STIGs)
• Installing and maintaining servers in data centers
• Experience with software configuration management, i.e., such as git and Github
• Experience administering Dell and HPE servers
• Experience with Docker and Linux/Windows containers
• Experience administering relational database systems, i.e., Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL
• Experience administering NoSQL systems, i.e., ElasticSearch, Cassandra, HBase
• Experience administering big-data stacks, i.e., Cloudera, MapR, Hortonworks, Hadoop
• Experience in a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary development team
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Lexington, MA
• Duration: 3 years and 40 hours a week
• Travel: Non-Anticipated
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
- Employee Events
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Gym Memberships
- Life Insurance
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Military Leave
- On Site Cafeteria
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Professional Development
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/paid time off