Our customer conducts analysis, design, demonstration, and testing of optical communications systems over free-space channels. Recent initiatives focused on airborne lasercom systems supporting data transfer from tactical ISR (intelligence, surveillance, and reconnaissance) platforms and included identifying and validating techniques for mitigating signal power fluctuation due to atmospheric turbulence. The group's capabilities include high-fidelity atmospheric modeling and simulation, and the development of multi-Gb/s modems; pointing, acquisition, and tracking systems; high-speed electronic coding and interleaving schemes; and network-standard interfaces. The group works with government and industrial partners to help expedite the transfer of capability to operational systems. Odyssey Systems is in need of a System Administrator for building and maintaining multiple Linux/Unix based IT server systems utilized by the Group.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• Work closely with technical project lead engineers to identify IT hardware and software needs to meet project objectives.
• Research and implement options to meet project needs (both near term development and longer term maintenance)
• Set up and maintain hardware platforms (including the use of virtual machines to multiply the number of independent users while minimizing hardware maintenance footprint)
• Set up and maintain user tools identified individual project needs’
• Assist in the negotiation of security compliance requirements balancing security goals against technical project requirements
• Identify and maintain storage and backup systems
• Domains: Software/application design, development, and support; coder; web interface; graphic design; system configuration management; system troubleshooting.
• Evaluate and propose use of open source and commercial software, frameworks, and tools where applicable.
• Must be a U.S. citizen with an active secret clearance
• BS OR Associate’s degree and at least 1 Certification.
• 5 years of relevant experience
• Senior Linux admin : Redhat 6 and Redhat 7
• Linux patch management : RHEL Satellite, yum, rpm
• Linux services : DNS, NFS, DHCP, NTP, LVM
• Virtualization: vSphere 5.5 to 6.5, vCenter, VUM
• Single sign on : OpenLDAP, SAMBA4, and Oracle LDAP
• Security : STIGs, NISPOM Ch8, DIAACP, SCAP
• Storage : Netapp, Equallogics and VNX
• Enterprise backups : Veeam, Legato Networker
• Networking : experience with Juniper JUNOS, understanding subnets, netmasks, VLANs, virtual switches, Cisco switches & routers
• Scripting : bash, tcsh, perl, python
• Monitoring and automation : nagios and puppet
• Solid troubleshooting skills/methodology
• Third party product installation and troubleshooting : Annapolis, Digilent, Spacewire, Xilinx, Matlab
• Diskless configuration & booting of Single Board Computers
• Solid oral and written communication skills
• Solid documentation and Visio experience
• Able to bridge technology and business needs
• End user support
• Active Top Secret
• Experience administering/ troubleshooting Windows 7 / Windows 2008
• CISSP or Security+ Certification
• Working knowledge of Oracle Solaris OS
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Lexington, MA
• Duration: 3 years and 40 hours a week
• Travel: Travel may be expected
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.