Senior System Administrator
Who We Are
The Pokémon Company International (TPCi), a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The Senior System Administrator will create engineering solutions to address operational needs of our growing business. This role requires a unique blend of IT knowledge and hands-on experience and provides the opportunity to design robust and scalable solutions and mentor administrator team members.
What You Will Do
- Oversee project scheduling and priorities of administrator team; provide coaching and mentorship.
- Coordinate the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including servers, PCs, network equipment, Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP), Software as a Service (SaaS), and other IT hardware and software.
- Respond to monitoring system alerts with immediate fixes and preventative remedies.
- Stay abreast of latest changes, features, and security practices for enterprise servers, networking and storage.
- Steer cross functional projects with system architecture recommendations and best practices.
- Consult with colleagues on best practices and standards.
- Document technical configurations and procedures.
- Support end users on issues in the ticketing system daily.
- Identify and recommend vendors and external consultants to support current and future projects.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
What You Will Bring
- Ten or more years’ experience in progressively complex roles; providing Tier 2/3 technical support to end users while coaching and mentoring peers.
- Experience working with Microsoft Exchange online, Azure Active Directory, Office 365 and other Microsoft backend applications, servers, features and tools.
- Experience with ticketing systems, advanced networks, MS Office, System Center Configuration Manager, Windows 10 and Windows server.
- Demonstrated knowledge and comfort with Local Area Network theories and concepts.
- Familiar with MS SQL and related storage and performance concepts.
- Certificate, Bachelor of Arts or Bachelor of Science degree preferred in relevant technical field.
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with ability to translate technical information in a non-technical format.
- Bias for Action: You have an eagerness to take initiative and persist in accomplishing objectives despite obstacles and setbacks. You work to resolve requests and incidents with a high sense of urgency and ownership.
- Great people skills: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” and you aim to build effective relationships across the organizations, as well as externally with 3rd parties. You are mindful of diverse perspectives and engage clients in a professional manner.
- Passion and Pride in your work: You love what you do and how you can add value to your clients; You ensure consistency and quality of your work and take a methodical approach to troubleshooting and resolution.
- Logical and analytical: You’re able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information to clients. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; building and enhancing programs appeals to you. You have a desire to stay current on technology trends and Information Technology concepts.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Travel between office locations internationally may be required on occasion.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.