Technology Innovation and Integration, (TII) provides application design, development, integration, and support for Laboratory collaboration and information management systems to enable enhanced knowledge sharing, information access and integration. TII needs a system administrator with a primary focus on knowledge management principles and methodology. As our customer continues to explore new technologies in SharePoint, O365 we need to have an administrator who can maintain and upgrade our current document management environment (OpenText) and provide options for future growth in on other platforms.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
• upgrade, patch current document management platform (OpenText).
• Evaluate functionality of emerging technologies and provide guidance to other groups on its potential use cases.
• Remediate and track security vulnerabilities across a wide variety of applications and operating systems.
• Work closely with other sector members to provide technical administrative support to development and user experience teams integrating applications into Laboratory infrastructure.
• Follow system administration best practices by documenting processes and ensuring current operations are being followed.
• Participate in a 24x7 on-call rotation by troubleshooting and remediating production issues.
• Monitor and harden closed environments and provide weekly reporting on system status.
• Support additional technologies as they are adopted by the Laboratory.
• Keep current on applicable technologies and methodologies and provide technical input.
• Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD secret clearance
• MS OR BS and at least 1 Certification, and at least 8 years of experience
• Strong understanding of Knowledge Management principles and history of applying them.
• Software/Applications: OpenText, SharePoint and other systems used to manage and organize information.
• Security: Broad knowledge of security and the underlying principles such as SSL and TLS required to harden applications and remediate vulnerabilities.
• Networking Applications and Protocols: Comprehensive understanding of TCP/IP, DNS, HTTP/S, SSH.
• Experience writing queries in SQL/PLSQL to access Oracle Database
• Proficiency in both Windows and Linux environments.
• Active secret clearance
• Database Administration in Oracle, MySQL.
• Proficiency in JAVA.
• Document Management experience in one of the following areas, SharePoint, OpenText Content Server.
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Lexington, MA
• Travel: Non-Anticipated
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including: recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.