The Senior System Administrator is responsible for the maintenance, monitoring, patching, updates and documentation of the network and infrastructure across 8 sites. Responsibilities also include assisting in strategic planning, innovative solutions and advanced technical knowledge to implement and support enterprise voice, video and data services that align with the Company’s business and IT objectives. This position will provide hands-on technical capabilities and will manage simple and enterprise-wide projects from initiation to completion for the voice, video and data infrastructure. The position will report to the Director of Information Technology and partner with stakeholders, vendors and IT Department team to define requirements and develop architecture for scalable and reliable network infrastructure to meet present and future business needs. This is a highly technical role with growth potential.
The Senior System Administrator reports to the Director of Information Technology.
NATURE OF WORK AND JOB SCALE:
The Senior System Administrator must possess advanced understanding in Network related hardware. Will be responsible for creating design plans, change management, and project plans prior to implementation of network changes and creation of all post implementation documentation. Position is responsible for monitoring, maintaining and updating network, sever, SAN, phone and VM heath. This position will back-up all other Senior system administrators. This position will have access to all administrative passwords, combinations to safes, and direct access to highly sensitive information. This position is a level 2 support position and will handle calls escalated from the help desk and carry the on-call phone during off hours as part of the operations staff rotation.
1. Provide Project Management for Information Technology upgrades and improvements
2. Conducts routine hardware and software audits of the network infrastructure to ensure compliance with established standards, policies, best practices and configuration guidelines
3. Develop and maintain network communications between existing and new IT infrastructure
4. Configure, test, and maintain security protocols on all IT infrastructure, including intrusion detection systems and network access
5. Recommend purchases and upgrades of hardware and software, including maintenance and support
6. Installation, maintenance and enhancements of a wired and wireless network that delivers voice, video and data services on corporate production and guest networks
7. Perimeter network security including firewalls
8. Maintenance of private DHCP services and both public and private DNS services
9. Ensure data integrity and security by evaluating, implementing, and managing appropriate network infrastructure hardware and software solutions utilizing industry standards and best practices
10. Work with voice and data service providers to obtain new service and troubleshoot/maintain existing service
11. Virtualize servers and manage a virtualized environment
12. Assist Director of IT in developing standards, policies, and administrative needs
13. Document and share all processes and solutions in a manor to which any technical staff would be able to follow.
14. Provide rotational support of on-call phone.
1. Excellent oral and written communication skills
2. College degree in Computer Science, MIS or equivalent experience
3. Must have project management experience
4. Proven track record in migrating system and technology
5. Minimum three (3) years direct experience with Windows Active Directory
6. Minimum three (3) years direct experience working with SIP and VoIP protocols
7. Minimum three (3) years’ experience in the implementation and maintenance of system
8. Minimum Four (4) years’ experience with configuration of network infrastructure and system architecting
9. Ability to manage multiple projects
10. Desire and ability to absorb/seek/teach new technologies
11. Ability to use good judgment and experience to resolve complex issues and challenges
12. Takes ownership for work and initiative for requests, incidents and problems
1. Ability to effectively provide both oral and written communications requiring good verbal expression, satisfactory hearing and eyesight clarity sufficient to read.
2. Ability for lifting, carrying, climbing, crouching, reaching, handling, kneeling, sufficient manual dexterity, and eye-hand-foot coordination.
Interested candidates should send a resume and brief cover note to the attention of Chris Douglas at Interactive Business Systems (firstname.lastname@example.org)
IBS offers a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package to all employees. Referral and sign-on bonuses may also be available.
About IBS: IBS, Interactive Business Systems, Inc., is an IT solutions and staffing company known for achieving business objectives and bottom-line results through the smart architecting, implementation and management of technology. In three decades of developing the technology applications, tools, environments and teams that foster top business performance, we have become an industry-leading IT services provider.