Title: Sr. Systems Analyst
Location: Golden Valley, MN
Duration: 2 year contract to hire
System Analyst Senior job duties are:
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications and conceptual designs that are used by Developers to construct solutions and Quality Analysts to test systems.
- Prepare and maintain system design documents for use with technical and business teams. Support triage of complex configuration defects.
- Provide knowledge and support of end to end data and system integrations.
- Provide development, data and system configuration support to systems as assigned.
- Partner with quality assurance teams in developing and reviewing test cases, acceptance criteria and test validation. Lead, as appropriate, the investigation and resolution of defects reported during testing.
- Understand and adhere to defined SDLC processes and IT controls for design and development as assigned.
- Identify and recommend solutions to project team to facilitate new system design and understanding of solution.
- Assist with coaching and mentoring of more junior staff within functional and project teams.
- Assess and recommend IT capability improvements for applications and environments, including implementing logging and monitoring at appropriate levels and identifying technical upgrades to currently support levels.
*The more specific things that we would want to be looking for someone to work in Front Office space are below:
- Responsibilities include development and configuration of user interface screens and business workflows and business rules using Accenture’s Navisys platform or Life Insurance Platform and oversight through all phases of our software development lifecycle. The ideal candidate will have Front Office/ALIP development experience and or UX experience with a desire to work collaboratively with numerous business units.
- Analysis and documentation of business processing requirements; data entry flow; data validation, rules, etc; presenting solution options
- Implement and maintain business configuration and rules in Front Office/ALIP through while adhering to standards and best practices
- Facilitation of meetings between the business users from multiple departments, subject matter experts, project managers, and the technical team members
- Prototyping and demonstration of data entry and workflow driven by configuration for user experience feedback
- Collaborate with scrum team members to deliver business value in each sprint
- Collaborate with Quality Services to develop test strategy, test cases and test data
- Other opportunities include product configuration, Groovy development and ETL development with Informatica
- Understanding of business processes analysis, business requirements, and software development lifecycle
- Experience with structured programming languages
- Strong problem solving skills and critical thinking
- Logical rules (And, Or, If…Then)
- Understanding of service development, service oriented architecture, micro services
- Understanding of Synchronous and Asynchronous integration
- Understanding of RDBMS and database data types, basic SQL
- Demonstrated experience in delivering high quality work product in an Agile environment
- Ability to troubleshoot, debug and resolve issues as they arise in lower and production environments
- Ability to read and understand basic scripting code, XML experience
- Keep up to date with new technology developments
- Prefer Front Office/ALIP Business Configuration Experience 3+ years of ALIP or UX experience in financial services application workflow
- Prefer 5+ years of current software development experience
- Prefer background in Insurance and Financial Services
- Good Technical Consulting skills, analytical and problem solving skills to troubleshoot systems problems
- Must be resourceful, self-starter, maintain skill set; aptitude to evaluate / become proficient in new technologies, processes and skills
- Result oriented, “Make it happen” attitude, seek win-win outcomes
- Must have excellent written and verbal skills and be able to communicate and work with all levels of an organization
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, ability to coordinate and facilitate technical meetings with multiple vendors and stakeholders
- Must be flexible, good organizational skills, good listener with attention to detail.
- Flexible, must escalate appropriately and have ability to multi-task
Apex is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178