Providence is calling a Sr Systems Analyst Perioperative Services (Perioperative Services Admin, Day Shift, 1.0 FTE) to Providence Alaska Medical Center in Anchorage, Alaska. We are a community of caregivers delivering every day on our Mission to provide compassionate care that is accessible for all - especially those who are poor and vulnerable.
In this position you will:
- Support the use of Epic OpTime in the perioperative setting. Supports clinincal leadership in resolving internal issues related to the information systems.
- Assist in responding to requests for information and customized reports from other departments, hospital administration and surgeon/providers with approval from the Director or Business Manager.
- Maintain databases through periodic updating and modifying (modification of database functions, update of provider files, update of scheduling changes, etc.)
- Monitor all systems and guidelines to assure data security and validity as well as efficient and appropriate system use.
- Assist in the design of and produces timely reports to collect daily, weekly and monthly statistics (i.e. supply cost, case counts, patient type, services, etc.) Maintain and increasessystem knowledge by participation in appropriate conferences and training.
- In conjunction with the Revenue Integrity department, provide backup coverage to the Perioperative Services Revenue Integrity Analyst and daily charge posting function for all perioperative areas.
- Assists Revenue Integrity department to ensure timely charge posting including identification and investigation of billing issues. Provides invoices and other documentation to support the claims process.
- Provide supply chain support to include knowledge of hospital supply chain functions and related dependencies. Review processes and recommend improvements to improve efficiency and service delivery.
- Review bill-only invoices for accurate usage and pricing.
- Generate requisitions in Lawson for supplies, implants, and minor equipment. Communicate procurement status with vendor including payment status.
- Reconcile pricing discrepancies between vendors and hospital including contract research.
- Assist the Perioperative Services Director, Clinical Manager, Business Manager and surgical staff in optimizing the allocation and use of resources.
- Use the knowledge and experience obtained from the information systems to help build greater efficiencies in the surgical environment.
- Work collaboratively with all the departments of Perioperative Services.
- Optimize the use of the computer systems to enhance staff productivity and management decision making.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information related to patients, medical staff, employees, and as appropriate, other information.
- Implement care/services that recognize age/diversity specific needs/issues of customers served.