Sabre is currently recruiting for a Senior Systems Engineer to work in Lexington Park, MD at NAVAIR. NAVAIR's mission is to provide full life-cycle support of naval aviation aircraft, weapons and systems operated. This support includes research, design, development and systems engineering, acquisition, test and evaluation, training facilities and equipment, repair and modification, and in-service engineering and logistics support. NAVAIR is organized into eight "competencies" or communities of practice including: program management, contracts, research and engineering, test and evaluation, logistics and industrial operations, corporate operations, comptroller and counsel. NAVAIR provides support (through people, processes, tools, training, mission facilities, and core technologies) to Naval Aviation Program Executive Officers (PEOs) and their assigned program managers, who are responsible for meeting the cost, schedule, and performance requirements of their assigned programs.
- Perform integrated avionics system/subsystem design maturity assessments, including technical adjudication [of] recommendations.
- Review and prepare engineering and technical analyses,reports, change proposals and other technical documentation.
- Lead TAE/SME coordination for requirements verification,including ground and flight testing data requirements.
- Prepare, present proposed specification changes, and engineering changes to the cognizant engineers and approving parties, and run approved changes through the internal tracking system.
- Contribute to ECP/TD development, approval and implementation.
- Contribute to risk/issue identification, mitigation development and resolution coordination.
- Support production and quality assessments of in-productionsubsystems.
- Apply engineering principles to investigate, analyze, plan, and design, develop, implement, test or evaluate military weapons systems.
- Review and prepare engineering and technical analyses, reports, change proposals, and other technical documentation.
- Apply engineering experience to perform functions such as system integration, configuration management, quality assurance testing, or acquisition and resource management.
- Analyze designs, develops, implements, tests, or evaluates software, components, or systems related to engineering or functional requirements of military weapons systems or associated support systems.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering or Mathematics.
- Demonstrated knowledge in area of engineering expertise.
- 10 years of experience in an engineering or computer science field supporting DoD Aircraft Weapons Systems.
- US Citizenship required.
- Candidate have current DoD secret clearance.
- Candidates will be required to pass a background check for this position.
Sabre Systems, Inc. is a quality driven, customer focused large business providing innovative solutions in the areas of Cyber, C4ISR, Business Intelligence and Data Analytics, and Enterprise Modernization to federal and civilian customers. Our mission is to ensure our customers have the technology, services, and expertise to overcome threats, maintain superiority, and quickly adapt to emerging obstacles. At Sabre, we're more than just a job - we're a team - and we care for and nurture our employees like family. If you want to be a part of creating and implementing enduring solutions that transform mission challenges into mission success – join Sabre!
We respect the unique perspectives that a diverse workforce of minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, and protected veterans brings not only to our company, but also to our customers. Sabre provides an excellent benefits package, which includes healthcare, paid days off, tuition reimbursement, and a 401K plan.
EOE Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Disabled