Summit Technologies, Inc. has an immediate opening for a Senior Systems Engineer. In this role you will provide technical support in system architecture, integration and maintenance. You will provide technical leadership to teams modernizing and enhancing our client's infrastructure. This position is located on-site in Washington, DC and requires Public Trust clearance.
- Apply Systems Engineering discipline to develop IT solutions, including requirements definition, solution engineering, system breakdown structure creation, interface analysis, test planning and implementation planning.
- Oversee the creation of solutions to meet End User requirements and uphold the established schedule.
- Guide the customer in cutting edge information technologies as well as novel approaches to IT Service Management solutions.
- Help Project Engineering teams apply Systems Engineering principles in the development and implementation of solutions.
- Manage and track assignments within the Engineering teams’ project schedules.
- Develop and maintain process instructions for DME engineering activities.
- Serve as the liaison to Operations Team responsible for Operation and Maintenance (O&M) support of fielded systems.
- Assist in the development of Engineering team skills and training materials.
- Create and maintain system documentation.
- At least 4 years of experience designing, engineering, and implementing IT Infrastructure solutions.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- A solid understanding of Information Technology Service Management.
- Ability to gather and document solution requirements.
- Ability to design and execute effective Analysis of Alternatives and design trade-offs.
- Capable of assisting Project Managers with creating work breakdown structure, work packages and work estimates (cost, duration, LOE).
- Ability to handle competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to identify, assess and mitigate project risks.
- Ability to analyze system test results and artifacts for operational readiness.
- Proficiency using Visio, Word and Excel to document System Engineering solutions.
- Experience using the Windows operating systems and services (i.e. Active Directory Federation Services, Azure Sync Service, Office 365, IIS and GPO management).
- Experience using ServiceNow or other ITSM ticketing systems.
- Experience using Linux and Solaris operating systems.
- Experience with Cloud services and architectures.
- Working knowledge of SharePoint Online and Service Level Agreements.
- Experience using virtualization technologies like VMWare.
- Experience with Oracle RDBMS, e-Business Suite and Fusion Middleware.
- Scripting skills, especially PowerShell.
- Familiarity with BigFix, Infoblox, Splunk, SCCM, CyberArk and other common IT infrastructure tools.
- Familiarity with Disaster Recovery / Continuity of Operations.
- Familiarity with NIST controls, security hardening, vulnerability remediation, and secure baseline development.
- Familiarity with SAN technologies and HP Blade Systems.
Education and Certification:
- Bachelor's degree in Systems Engineering, Computer Science or a related discipline.
- INCOSE, CSEP and ITIL certifications are highly desired.
- Must be eligible to obtain and hold a Public Trust clearance.
If you are a good match and interested in more information, please reply to: firstname.lastname@example.org , place "5527" in the email subject line, and forward the following information:
- Updated resume in Word format including MM/YYYY for each employer.
- Best times and ways (email addresses and phone numbers) to reach you.
- Desired compensation (salary or hourly-no benefits).
- Availability to interview and start.
Summit Technologies Inc. appreciates your interest. We will contact the best prospects and will consider you for future opportunities. We will not submit your resume without your prior knowledge and consent. Summit Technologies is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.