At Exelon, we've got a place for you!
Join the nation's leading competitive energy provider, with one of the largest electricity generation portfolios and retail customer bases in the country. You will be part of a family of companies that strives for the highest standards of power generation, competitive energy sales, and energy delivery. Our team of outstanding professionals is focused on performance, thought leadership, innovation, and the power of ideas that come from a diverse and inclusive workforce.
Exelon will provide you the tools and resources you need to design, build and enhance a successful career. We are also dedicated to motivating the success of our employees through competitive base salary, incentives, and health and retirement benefits.
Join Exelon and share your passion at a forward-thinking Fortune 100 company. Establish yourself in a place where you can truly shine and create a brighter, more sustainable tomorrow. Energize your career at Exelon!
PRIMARY PURPOSE OF POSITION
The Senior Tax Analyst will assist with the preparation, recording and reporting of Exelons federal taxes in the quarterly and annual financial statements. In addition, this individual will be responsible for the preparation of income and non-income tax returns of the Exelon companies. This includes assistance with all compliance matters related to federal taxes.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND ACCOUNTABILITIES
1. Assist with the calculation of Exelons federal tax expense, reconcile federal tax account balances, prepare federal tax basis balance sheet adjustments, prepare federal FIN 48 and FAS 109 supporting workpapers, schedules and calculations, including federal valuation allowances, execution of all federal related SOX controls, and U. S. and non - U. S. international tax filings
2. Prepare workpapers, schedules, calculations and other items related to federal tax return filings as well as estimated tax payments, extension payments and tax sharing settlements
3. Support IRS exam process, administration and drafting of responses to tax notices and preparation and filing of amended federal tax returns
4. Calculate interest expense on federal tax deficiencies, preparation of all supporting workpapers, schedules and calculations, and collaborate with other groups to ensure interest is properly reflected in financials
5. Prepare workpapers and calculations supporting the tax portions of the latest estimates and long range plans
6. Assist with implementation of changes in tax laws, process improvements, planning opportunities, and other ad hoc projects
7. Assist with technical research supporting tax positions taken in federal tax filings, including drafting of written memorandums
• Undergraduate Accounting or other financial discipline
• At least 5 years related experience including 3 or more years of professional tax experience focusing on large publicly traded corporations, including a combination of industry and public accounting experience
• Familiarity with all major areas of federal and state tax law
• Appreciation of the impact of taxes on the financial statements
• Good research, writing and communication skills
• 40 hours of ongoing annual continuing professional education will be required of all professionals in the Department (at the Companys expense)
• Energy industry experience is desirable, though not at the expense of a broad base of experience.
• Certified Public Accountant or other financial certification and/or advanced degree (MST)
Reports directly to the business unit Tax Manager
The Tax Department's primary office is in Chicago, Illinois
Exelon is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and employees or applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to: age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
VEVRAA Federal Contractor
EEO is the Law Poster