The future is what you make it!
When you join Honeywell, you become a member of our global team of thinkers, innovators, dreamers and doers who make the things that make the future.
That means changing the way we fly, fueling jets in an eco-friendly way, keeping buildings safe and even making it possible to breathe on Mars.
Working at Honeywell isn’t just about developing cool things. That’s why our employees enjoy access to dynamic career opportunities across different fields and industries.
Are you ready to help us make the future?
We invent, build and manufacture technologies that address some of the world’s toughest challenges. If you desire a meaningful opportunity with outstanding potential, then we invite you to apply. We believe our people make Honeywell a special company and are a key advantage.
this role will be based in Fort Mill, SC with the potential to move to the
Greater Charlotte area in the near future.
· Handle complex issues raised from the lower support tiers and recording all related activities in the case handling system
· Deep investigation of complex technical issues and resolution of support requests
· Deliver training, coaching and mentoring to improve product knowledge and issue handling skills
· Prepare the team to support new product offerings, by participating in the Honeywell New Product Introduction (NPI) program
· Actively develop and maintain technical knowledge base content
· Build positive relationships with our partner and end customer base and become knowledgeable about their respective needs
· Keep the customer updated on the status of work in progress
· Provide back-up to the frontline support staff at peak times as needed
· Provide in depth pre- and post-sales technical assistance for internal and external customers, facilitating the investigation, identification, root cause analysis and resolution of complex technical issues; Areas will include factors relating to configuration, installation, environmental and application functionality, as well as other potential causes
· Work with and escalate issues to Engineering and Quality teams where required, prioritizing requests based on severity and business case
· Support the knowledge-sharing mindset and apply the Knowledge-Centered Support (KCS) methodology guidelines
· Contribute knowledge content for all new issues encountered by and resolved and improve existing content where necessary to ensure good visibility & re-usability of data on known problems
· Shall be responsible for driving overall execution excellence
+ Ability to assimilate, identify issues and derive go-green actions across GTS
+ Ability to measure, monitor and control
+ Quality: deeper investigation quality, NPI/NPE compliance etc
+ Delivery: NPI/NPE PG exits for Techsupport, KA’s publishing
+ Cost: Optimize cost to serve, drive self-service
+ Productivity: Drive 10% productivity across all tiers
+ Customer experience: driving pain-point (significant customer issues across products/product lines) resolutions
+ Growth: identify and drive sales leads across GTS
YOU MUST HAVE:
· Bachelors Degree in Engineering
· 5+ years of advanced IT support (wireless/wired networking, OEM, Bluetooth, etc)
· 5+ years of experience in a role requiring troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with the ability to quickly assess the impact, complexity and urgency of technical issues
· 5+ years of Product development experience
· 5+ years of product testing experience
· Minimum of 5 years of experience supporting the Automatic Identification and Data Capture (AIDC) technology products (examples: Barcode Scanners, PDTs or Thermal label printers) products & operating systems, host drivers and utilities
· Knowledge of industry related technologies and applications, familiarity with 1D and 2D bar code symbologies, scanners and various data collection devices and platforms
· Experience in product design or testing team would be desired
· Great presentation skills and ability to train others in the team
· Ability to work independently English written and verbal communication skills
· Knowledge of other languages such as: French, German, Italian, Spanish, etc.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.