Karyopharm Therapeutics is a clinical-stage pharmaceutical company, based in Newton, MA, USA, focused on the discovery, development and commercialization of novel, first-in-class agents targeting nuclear transport for the treatment of cancer and other major diseases. Karyopharm is the industry leader in oral Selective Inhibitor of Nuclear Export (SINE) technology, developed to address a central mechanism of oncogenesis via the inhibition of exportins specifically XPO1. Selinexor, Karyopharm’s lead candidate, has been administered to patients with hematologic malignancies or solid tumors in clinical trials worldwide. Karyopharm is currently preparing for its first potential U.S. commercial launch in 2019.
Karyopharm is seeking a smart and dedicated accounting professional to join our Corporate Finance and Accounting team in a strategic role with a focus on technical accounting and financial reporting. Reporting to the Director of Technical Accounting and Reporting, the Senior Technical Accounting Analyst will be heavily involved in SEC reporting activities as well as researching, documenting and resolving complex accounting issues including commercial revenue recognition, leases, M&A related activities, stock-based compensation and other transactions and/or projects as necessary.
- Assist the Director of Technical Accounting and Reporting with the overall assessment of financial reporting risks and technical accounting related research and policy development.
- Lead the preparation of supporting schedules and the updating/drafting of SEC financial filings (10-K, 10-Q, 8-K, etc.) including financial statements, footnote disclosures, MD&A, etc.
- Analyze and review the XBRL mapping / tagging of financial statements and footnote disclosures.
- Assist in the development and execution of a Gross-to-Net commercial revenue recognition model and documentation of supporting assumptions.
- Assist with the development and administration of various revenue policies and procedures including government pricing, gross-to-net recognition, interaction with third-party logistics (3PL) providers, collaboration agreements and royalty/milestone agreements.
- Support and ultimately own various complex accounting aspects of the monthly/quarterly financial close, including, but not limited to, stock-based compensation, leases, grant accounting, commercial revenue recognition and potentially inventory accounting.
- Coordinate relevant PBC requests and provide overall assistance to the external audit team related to quarterly reviews and the year-end audit.
- Assist with Sarbanes-Oxley section 404 (SOX) compliance regarding executing and documenting performance of existing controls.
- Drive continuous improvement within the Company’s SOX environment including regularly drafting, updating and/or strategically assessing controls.
- Ad hoc assignments and responsibilities as necessary.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting. Master’s degree preferred.
- 2-4 years of accounting experience with Big 4 or national public accounting firm and/or industry experience required. CPA license required.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills required.
- Ability to work independently with limited oversight.
- Previous experience with Equity Edge, Great Plains and/or Workiva Wdesk platform preferred but not required.
- Previous experience within the life science industry preferred but not required.
- 0-5% travel required. Additional travel may be necessary for special projects.
- Ability to work in fast-paced and rapidly changing environment with excellent attention to detail.