Sr. Technical Business Analyst
Location: Albany, NY
Known for “Delighting the Client” through a performance, innovation and employee-centric culture, S2Tech is a fast growing and leading edge IT consulting company serving clients all over the United States. We are widely recognized as a leading provider of services in support of Medicaid Management Information Systems (MMIS) and related healthcare systems. (More details at www.s2tech.com)
- Collect requirements by analyzing existing systems, technical documentation, and prepares To-Be Flows.
- Interact with Business team, Stakeholders, Technical team members on demand basis.
- Act as a lead to analysis meetings and provide design guidance
- Responsible for having overall understanding of the integration functionality of each application associated with the project
- Act proactively and initiate analysis work
- Formulate systems to parallel overall business strategies
- Update and create documentation
- Attend regular meetings with project leadership and team members
- Use knowledge of functional requirements to help with design as well as documentation and review
- Build and develop effective working relationships with project participants, vendors, stakeholders, and sponsors
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Industrial Engineering or similar discipline; or equivalent work experience.
- 2 years of application development experience
- 8 years of relevant experience as a Business Analyst role
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in business and functional requirements elicitation, translation and documentation.
- 5+ years’ experience in facilitating design and use case discussions
- 5+ years’ experience in a SDLC environment
- Expert level analysis skills including ability to identify patterns, potential issues and then translate those into functional and test requirements.
- Expert level understanding of business functional areas and management issues as well as the IT organizations systems and capabilities.
- Ability to influence and build relationships and demonstrate team leadership in all interactions.
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively use the appropriate modelling methodologies and toolsets, requirements management methodologies and toolsets, requirements visualization methods and toolsets, and artifact versioning tools.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills. Communicates effectively with business clients to identify needs and evaluate alternative business solutions.
- Proven track record with planning, estimating and organizing effort for the WBS.
- Extensive experience in MSOffice, Visio
- Experience in COBOL programming will help in analyzing the legacy system.
- Experience with JIRA as an ALM toolset.
- Working toward relevant industry certification (e.g. CEng, CITP, TOGAF, IIBA, ISEB diploma) desirable but not essential as part of career progression.
- Worked with Government agencies (minimum of 3 + Yrs.)
S2Tech is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an equal opportunity employer making decisions without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other protected class.
Depends on Experience