Lucky Brand is true blue American. Born and bred in Los Angeles, Lucky shipped its first pair of vintage-inspired jeans in 1990 and quickly became known as a pioneer and innovator in the world of modern denim. Synonymous with the easy Southern California lifestyle and the fearless American spirit, Lucky Brand creates great fitting, good quality, distinctively Lucky jeans and fashion that works with the American lifestyle. Our collections are carried at better department and specialty stores and over 200 of our company-owned stores across the U.S.A., as well as online at LuckyBrand.com.
Rooted in Americana, Lucky Brand is inspired by active Californian types like surfers, cowboys, artists, musicians, and photographers, as well as anyone who embodies our fun-loving, friendly vibe.
The Sr. Tech Designer will leverage work experience, high level of product knowledge and apparel process understanding to oversee the timely development of fit and construction for the brand. Responsibilities include: calendar adherence, spec reviews – establishing, developing and directing fit Strategy, to include construction detail, measurement and grading to ensure garment can be mass produced for respective category.
Oversee and direct Associate Tech. Designers and work with Supervisor to fine tune technical design skills (grading, construction, communication, etc.).
CALENDAR ADHERENCE / VENDOR COMMUNICATIONS – Oversee development
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Analyze tracking reports
- Notify Supervisor of any pending tracking issues
- Email Overseas Partners and answer any questions about tracking
- Communicate with offshore vendors on all technical issues and a stronger understanding of fit and aesthetic
- Develop technical specifications and communicate fit to vendors / factories for corrections and approvals
- Resolve timing issues
- FIT COMMENTS – production and development
- Establishing and maintaining standards for minimum spec requirements
- Complete all Spec Packages in Full Circle (includes specs and construction)
- Complete all fit comments in a timely manner
- Provide complete and articulate fit comments (includes any needed POMs, sketches and or digitals)
- Email Fit Comments to Overseas Partner and answer any questions about the fit comments
- Oversee organization of all electronic and hard filesFITTINGS - production and development
- Understand the design vision and carry it through to production without compromising the vision
- Manage and facilitate the communication of all information necessary to create garment, including graphics and placements
- Analyze garments to determine compliance of spec, construction, and fit intent
- Manage and facilitate fit session on live model and / or mannequin and take ownership of specific product(s)
- Attend each fitting prepared with samples and paperwork
- Lead each fitting, ensuring all needed information is collected in a timely manner
- Collaborate with designer, supervisor and business partners to ensure the desired product is achieved, while remaining production schedule
- Ability to correct patterns as needed for best possible fit
- Check for date, season and status accuracy
- Organize and store all samples each season
- GRADING – production
- Review grading and offer solutions to the technical team on any grading issues. Making sure proportions are maintained throughout the size and making adjustments for smaller or larger sizes.
- Apply established grade rules to approved styles.
- Create new grade rules that complement the established grade rules and the style being graded
· Oversea tech pack creation
- Analyze tech packs for accuracy and completeness
- Complete design specification package, including: flat sketch with measurements, construction details, measurement specifications with appropriate tolerances and any predefined performance standards
PARTNERSHIPS & COMMUNICATIONS–
· Evaluate current processes and make recommendations for any process changes that would maximize efficiencies.
· Manage the development calendar and surface any deadline issues that may result in the technical team not meeting deadlines.
· Work closely with the design and merchandising team to understand the vision and carry it through to production without compromising the vision.
· Provide technical expertise to the design team, technical team, offshore office and suppliers. Foresee problems and offer alternatives without affecting the look and cost.
· Identify potential production, quality and costing issues and make recommendations to ensure brand integrity.
Knowledge, skills, & abilities:
Sr. Technical Designers can expect to again experience across multiple product categories. As Sr. Technical Designers grow through the Lucky Brand career path, perfecting technical aptitudes, engaging leadership and creative problem solving become increasingly important for success. The opportunity for learning and career growth is immense.
- Patternmaking and Draping Skills – including the ability to determine and communicate Fit Corrections
- Knowledge of construction standards and manufacturing methods
- Knowledge and understanding of grading, costing of garments, textiles, garment testing, draping and fitting
- Thorough understanding of the apparel design & development process from inception through production.
- Ability to determine and communicate complete Construction details
- Grading Skills
- Ability to properly measure garments according to manual standards
- Ability to determine and communicate complete Construction details
- Experience with Illustrator and sketching ability
- Strong design, prototyping, and research skills
- Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Programs, PDS and Gerber
- Excellent Written and Verbal Communication Skills
- Ability to multi-task, proactively trouble shoot, problem solve, and the ability to effectively influence
- Excellent Follow Through
- Collaborative Team player
- Attention to Detail
- ERP experience
- Able to adapt to a fast pace ever changing environment
Minimum educational level:
- Bachelor's degree in Fashion - Apparel/Textile Design, Manufacturing, Product Development, Merchandising, or a related field.
- 7+ years work experience in the Apparel Industry including technical design and patternmaking with construction experience and full knowledge of total production timeline.
- Effectively use office equipment including computers, telephones, copiers and faxes
- Sit for extended periods of time in one position
- Ability to stand and maintain mobility for long periods of time during a fit session
- Possess normal manual dexterity and hand-eye coordination
- Ability to lift an adult dress form when adding or removing a garment (25lbs).
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. Lucky Brand is an equal opportunity employer Minorities/Females/People with Disabilities/Protected Veterans/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
If you are an applicant requesting reasonable accommodation, contact HR@luckybrand.com or call 877-832-0672.