Please note that even if this job is not a perfect match, we encourage you to apply as long as it is in the ballpark. Companies are often flexible in hiring candidates who do not perfectly fit their written job description, as long as the most important qualifications are there and the candidate is good in general.
Most of the jobs we are recruiting for are not posted online, so if you would like to know of all the opportunities we have that match your interests and qualifications, then please get in touch with us.
After you apply to this job posting, we’ll consider you for this job as well as any other potential matches with our client companies. If we have any potential matches, we’ll share your resume with those companies and contact you about any interview opportunities we can get you.
Thank you, and we wish you a great job search!
Feel free to check out testimonials from some of our many candidates/clients here:
Sr. Technical Project Manager / Director of Engineering Projects - Health/Fitness, AR/VR, Robotics
Berkeley, CA (You could work from home when practical but would have to be in the office often, whenever necessary to get the job done. They don't have a specific policy on work from home, but estimate that after the pandemic they'd expect this person to be in the office anywhere from 3-5 days in any given week.)
The company has a variety of software + hardware products involving connected health/fitness, medical, robotic systems, and AR/VR.
The company has about 20 employees and has raised series A funding.
The company will pay up to $180k in salary depending on experience, plus equity which could be valuable.
- You would not any direct reports, but would be responsible for multiple concurrent projects for 15-20 engineers. You would partner with the Lead Engineers in Software, Hardware, Firmware, Mechanical, and other engineering groups to make sure things get done on time at high quality.
- Working closely with the leadership team and Product Manager to do strategic planning.
- Generating and maintaining project, technical, and compliance documentation.
- You would be spending your time approximately as follows:
- 30% administrative - making sure task management and record keeping is up to date, using Jira to keep track of open tasks/tickets.
- 30% meeting with engineers on deliverables, making sure the team is on schedule, removing blockers, etc.
- 30% rolling up your sleeves and being entrepreneurial in helping whatever team you need to in whatever way possible, whether that's helping the Software team to make sure they have the QA resources for a deliverable, helping the Hardware team by making recommendations on their Hardware releases, helping to find and vet the right contractors/vendors to deal with overflow, or participating in interviews of candidates.
- An engineering background
- At least 5 (ideally 8) years of experience being a Project Manager for software + hardware products for teams of at least 4 (ideally 15) engineers.
- Solid ability in project and task management, and collaboration tools such as Jira, Slack, Confluence, etc.
- Knowledge of project management strategies and tools such as waterfall/Gantt, critical chain, Agile/Scrum, etc.
- Great communication skills.
Nice to have:
- PMP certification.
- Experience with consumer health products.
- Experience with medical industry products.
- Experience with virtual reality and/or augmented reality.
- Technical understanding of sensors, hardware, analog-to-digital systems.
- Experience with embedded systems, signal processing, and applications development.
Did you like this job or want to see more? All of our online job postings can be found on these sites:
Follow us on Instagram here:
Follow us on LinkedIn here: