Odyssey Systems is looking for a Sr. Technical Writer to the intelligence community. Candidates must meet the minimum requirements listed below but must have demonstrated experience supporting technical writing requirements within the NSA’s RD or similar Intelligence Community or Department of Defense research environment (e.g. DARPA, IARPA).
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Specific Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
This position supports R09 at Emerson III. The primary responsibility of the Sr. Technical Writer will be to interview researchers in a variety of areas and writing 1-2 page descriptions of the work to be consumed by a broader audience. The requirements are listed below. Please pay close attention to the last bullet in the Required section, as this is a hard requirement and cannot be waived. This is not your typical technical writing position – this is the same group that publishes the NSA’s Next Wave.
• Must be a U.S. citizen with an active TS/SCI with a full scope poly
• Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required; four (4) years of TW experience may be substituted for a bachelor’s degree
• A minimum of eight (8) years’ experience as a technical writer in programs and contracts of similar scope, type, and complexity as described in the pertinent delivery order; a master’s degree may be substituted for two (2) years’ experience within this criterion
• A minimum of five (5) years’ experience with production procedures used in publication manuals
• A minimum of five (5) years’ experience with desktop publishing system to prepare technical manual articles and manuscripts
• Demonstrated experience supporting technical writing requirements within the NSA’s RD or similar Intelligence Community or Department of Defense research environment (e.g. DARPA, IARPA).
• Demonstrated experience using Adobe InDesign to complete technical writing tasks.
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Ft. Meade, MD
• Travel: Non-Anticipated
All qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or status as a Vietnam era or special disabled veteran.
- Employee Events
- Employee Referral Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Gym Memberships
- Life Insurance
- Maternity/Paternity Paid Leave
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Military Leave
- On Site Cafeteria
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Professional Development
- Retirement / Pension Plans
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/paid time off