Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled/Other Protected Category
Country: United States
Location: Charlotte, NC, US
Location details: N/A
Employment type: 953
Country: United States (US)
Location: Charlotte, North Carolina (US-NC)
At Konecranes, we believe that great customer experience is built on the people behind the Konecranes name - people committed to providing our customers with lifting equipment and services that lift their businesses. Everything we do, we do with passion and drive. This is what makes Konecranes a unique place to work.
POSITION TITLE: Inspector
REPORTS TO: Inspection Coordinator/Service Manager
Konecranes is seeking an organized individual with an industrial electrical or mechanical background to join our team as an Inspector. In this role, you will be performing monthly inspections and taking preventative maintenance actions. You will be working with customers, providing service quotes, making corrective recommendations, and maintaining regular communication with the service office and supervisors. At Konecranes, we strive for our employees to work in a safety first type of environment and encourage them to take the extra step to ensure their safety.
Perform inspections and preventive maintenance. Inspectors are required to be certified to perform compliance inspections and/or preventive maintenance products that incorporate compliance inspections.
• Complete the schedule of monthly inspections and preventative maintenance, ensuring the schedule is completed or alternative arrangements are made.
• Understand sold work hours and perform inspections within the allowed hours without compromising safety or quality. Communicate exceptions to supervisor, as soon as possible.
• Perform inspection of equipment in accordance with established guidelines. Document findings and make corrective recommendations to the customer for inspected equipment including a written "Safety Summary" of any observed or known safety concerns, if appropriate. Determine customer's intentions to purchase repairs and advise local service office of actions necessary to sell or complete the repairs.
• Consult with customer regarding all repair and safety related issues and discuss recommendations that will assist the customer with improving their material handling applications, prior to leaving job site. Determine items requiring quotation. Determine estimates of labor and any special tools or other requirements or hazards.
• Complete and provide proper checklist and required forms for each service, obtaining the customer's signature on appropriate forms to document acceptance.
• Provide quotation and perform quick repairs required by inspection and approved by customer. Document and track quotations provided to customers (either verbal or written) and submit to service office for follow up and tracking.
• Read, understand and apply the contents of all OSHA, ANSI, CMAA, HMI and other codes or regulations pertaining to our industry. Refresh and update knowledge periodically. Maintain copy of "Inspector's Course" to be available for report completion at customer site.
• Complete inspection reports and other required and appropriate documents in a professional, accurate, neat and legible manner and submit same in a timely manner and in accordance with established guidelines. Review job with Service Manager, discussing repair issues and customer feedback received during the inspection review.
• Maintain regular communication with the service office and Service Supervisor, in accordance with established practices.
• Coordinate work schedule with Service Supervisor. Perform service/repair work, as required and as scheduling permits.
• Maintain all company issued equipment, vehicle and assets in a safe and proper working order. Operate tools, equipment and vehicles in a safe and responsible manner. Notify supervisor of any deficiencies for resolution.
• Maintain supply of forms, literature, inventory and miscellaneous materials in the service vehicle. Document use or sale to customer, as required.
• Follow all established safety rules and procedures, including those established by the customer.
• Maintain company vehicle and uniforms in a clean and presentable manner.
• Participate in monthly safety meetings.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
REQUIRED EXPERIENCE: Minimum one (1) year experience in crane service or related and equivalent experience. Six (6) months experience as a Service Technician preferred. 2,000 documented maintenance/inspection field hours on overhead cranes. Must be willing and able to work off the ground. Must possess good written and verbal communication skills.
OTHER REQUIREMENTS: Must have and maintain a good driving record, including a valid driver's license. Must be able to work varied overtime, as required by customer and be available for "on call" as part of the service office rotation (if required in specific location). Must be able to travel and work out of town, on occasion.
EDUCATION: Associate's degree in Industrial Electrical/Mechanical Technology or related field or equivalent vocational/technical training and experience is preferred
#monus #cbus #nxt
Konecranes is a world-leading group of Lifting Businesses™, serving a broad range of customers. We are truly a global company with 16,000 employees at 600 locations in 50 countries. For over 80 years, we have been dedicated to improving the efficiency and performance of businesses in all types of industries. We believe that sustainable growth is a result of a strong responsible performance. .
- Donation-Matching Program
- Life Insurance
- Medical, Dental and Vision
- Paid Holidays
- Paid sick days
- Prescription Drug Coverage
- Stock Options
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Vacation/paid time off