Your success is a train ride away.
Amtrak connects businesses and communities across the country and we move America’s workforce toward the future. We employ more than 20,000 diverse, energetic professionals in a variety of career fields throughout the United States. The safety of our passengers, our employees, the public and our operating environment is our priority and the success of our railroad is the result of our employees.
Are you ready to join our team?
SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
The Sr. Technology Support Specialist works independently on multiple projects as a project team member, occasionally as a project leader. Works on small to large complex support activities/projects that requires increased skill in multiple technical environments and knowledge of one or mores specific technical products (Hardware and/or Software). The position may be responsible for coordinating and managing the administrative work to support daily IT operations, end user and customer support.
- Responsible for providing technical support. Analyses customers business needs and develops technical requirements, prepares technical responses to request for service (RFS) and IMAC's. Installs/configures integrated solutions to meet customer needs and implements client solutions. Acts as the primary point of contact between business partners and customers and the engineering, technologist and developmetn organization. May coach junior staff.
- Works with Engineering, Technologist or Development teams to address technical issues and delivers and install new software relases and technical equipment to business partners and customers. Provides on-going support.
- Provides technical analyses to help define, assess and monitor the technical aspects of the program or service.
- Troubleshoot existing information systems or networks to identify errors or deficiencies.
- Assist with development of KPI's. Measures the efficiency (equipment and processes) within area of responsibility. Assist with process improvement initiatives to increase customer satisfaction and/or reduce cost.
- Problem Solving, LAN Knowledge, Verbal Communication, Operating Systems, Phone Skills, Customer Service, Quality Focus, PC Proficiency, System Administration, Microsoft Office.
- Provides answers to clients by identifying problems; researching answers; guiding client through corrective steps. Troubleshoot hardware and software issues in person or remotely.
- Manage support of VIP’s and VIP tickets, VIP communication planning and auditing of VIP support work performed – both Incident and Service Request Fulfillment.
- Administer asset management including inventory collection & tracking & safe disposal of equipment (e-waste).
- Provide user support for technical issues, demonstrate excellent customer service using IBM SCCD or similar Service Management Solution. Offer daily operations and systems support to personnel.
- Serves as a technical & facility expert for all planning and operational readiness activities including disaster recovery and Continuity of Operations planning.
- Responsible for the coordination, planning and implementation of the appropriate security controls necessary to ensure the integrity of enterprise applications.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory & Cloud Technologies.
- Responsible for vendor management, including contacting vendors, coordinating activities, providing access, assisting as needed and following-up.
- Provide project support to other IT teams as directed by management.
- Networking, hardware, and cabling - including TCP/IP, VLAN, VoIP, and Broadband technologies.
- Coordinate software/hardware deployments, testing and support tasks within the team, and among other Information Technology work groups, other departments within the organization, and vendors.
- Participate in design, validation and QA testing procedures prior to implementation of software applications.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering or computer science, or equivalent work experience.
- 5 to 7 years of relevant technology experience.
- Must have expert knowledge of: (See Amendment)
- Must possess excellent customer service, strong communication and interpersonal skills, work well with others in an integrated team environment, and must be self-motivated.
- Vendor Management experience.
- Strong analytical skills
- Superior understanding of Revenue applications, configuration and set-up of user accounts and directing vendors to support customer account needs. Experience with STARS, Acolyte, Arrow, RailRes is helpful.
- Monitor system performance by identifying problems; recommending changes to improve performance.
- Ability to quickly learn other proprietary applications and provide end user support.
- May travel up to 30% of the time to Amtrak facilities in the Northwest region.
- Occasional visits to other Amtrak facilities may be needed.
- Masters degree in engineering or computer science, or equivalent.
- ITIL, or equivalent Certification
- Experience with development and reporting towards KPI's and knowledge of industry best practise/industy benchmarks.
- Knowledge of Six Sigma/Lean
- MCSA, COMPTIA A+ (A+), or CCENT certification preferred.
COMMUNICATIONS AND INTERPERSONAL SKILLS:
Must have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Job Family/Function:Information Technology
Amtrak employees power our progress through their performance.
We want your work at Amtrak to be more than a job – we want it to be a fulfilling experience where you find challenging and rewarding opportunities, respect among colleagues, competitive pay, benefits that protect you and your family, and a high performance culture that recognizes and values your contributions and helps you reach your career goals.
We proudly support and encourage U.S. Veterans to apply for Amtrak job opportunities.
All positions require pre-employment background verification, medical review and pre-employment drug screen. Amtrak is committed to a safe and drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing. All new hires are required to undergo a hair drug test which detects the presence of illegal drugs for months prior to testing. We appreciate your cooperation in keeping Amtrak safe and drug-free.
In accordance with DOT regulations (49 CFR section 40.25), Amtrak is required to obtain prior drug and alcohol testing records for applicants/employees intending to perform safety- sensitive duties for covered Department of Transportation positions. If an applicant/employee refuses to provide written consent for Amtrak to obtain these records, he/she will not permitted to perform safety-sensitive functions.
Note that any education requirement listed above may be deemed satisfied if you have an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Amtrak is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer and we welcome all to apply. We consider candidates regardless of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability (including blindness), or veteran status.
POSTING NOTES: Information Technology || Information Technology