Skyrocket Ventures is a recruiting firm for hundreds of high growth technology companies that range from industry leaders to top-tier startups. This opportunity is with one of our client companies for a full-time permanent hire. Please only apply if you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Please note that even if this job is not a perfect match, we encourage you to apply as long as it is in the ballpark. Companies are often flexible in hiring candidates who do not perfectly fit their written job description, as long as the most important qualifications are there and the candidate is good in general.
Most of the jobs we are recruiting for are not posted online, so if you would like to know of all the opportunities we have that match your interests and qualifications, then please get in touch with us.
Feel free to check out testimonials from some of our many candidates/clients here:
Sr. to Lead Machine Learning Engineer - Autonomous Robotics Startup
San Francisco, CA
The company's product is in the realms of robotics, logistics, and outdoor autonomous vehicles / robots.
In this position, you would be focused on detection and tracking using lidar and radar. In the future you could work in other areas such as predictions, reinforcement learning, etc.. You would be a pure individual contributor with no people leadership involved initially, but you would be owning the systems you build from concept to prototype to getting them deployed on robots. In the next 6 months you could hire 1-2 people who you would be leading. It would still be technical leadership rather than people management at that point.
The company will pay salary of up to $225k and equity that could be lucrative.
- Expertise implementing machine learning and/or deep learning for things such as detection, tracking, segmentation, depth estimation, and behavior prediction.
- Solid coding ability in Python
- Experience with Tensorflow
- Understanding of machine learning perception algorithms
Nice to have:
- A Master’s degree or PhD in Computer Science
- Experience with robotics and frameworks such as ROS
- Understanding of sensor data including LIDAR, radar, cameras, and IMUs
- Experience working with GPUs on embedded hardware
Did you like this job or want to see more? All of our online job postings can be found on these sites:
Follow us on Instagram here:
Follow us on LinkedIn here: