Skyrocket Ventures is a recruiting firm for hundreds of high growth technology companies that range from industry leaders to top-tier startups. This opportunity is with one of our client companies for a full-time permanent hire. Please only apply if you are authorized to work in the U.S.
Please note that even if this job is not a perfect match, we encourage you to apply as long as it is in the ballpark. Companies are often flexible in hiring candidates who do not perfectly fit their written job description, as long as the most important qualifications are there and the candidate is good in general.
Most of the jobs we are recruiting for are not posted online, so if you would like to know of all the opportunities we have that match your interests and qualifications, then please get in touch with us.
Feel free to check out testimonials from some of our many candidates/clients here:
Sr. to Lead Software Engineer - learn/use Rust - top tier Blockchain Fintech Startup
Menlo Park, CA (you can work from home up to 2 days/week)
The company's product is in the realms of blockchain, cryptography, fintech, and open source. It is not a cryptocurrency company.
The leadership team includes a mix of world class experts in the fields of finance, investment, cryptography and blockchain. For example, one of their cofounders has served on the Investment Advisory Board of Google, and one of their cofounders is an industry recognized pioneer in blockchain and cryptography technology.
The company will pay very competitive salary plus equity which could be highly lucrative. The vast majority of the financial upside would hopefully be from the equity. Candidates who fit this job/company will likely be able to get much more cash per year from large companies, but value the potential reward of equity much more than the guaranteed cash they'd be giving up to join a startup such as this.
- Building a developer platform similar to Hyperledger Fabric, using Stellar core as a reference architecture for the underlying blockchain transaction system. Creating an API for existing financial service products to use in order to move their operations onto the blockchain transaction system.
- Integrating the company's cryptographic library (written in Rust), which enables new privacy/compliance tools, with a blockchain base layer for assets, accounts, smart contracts, transfers, etc.
- Development of specialized financial apps such as exchanges, lending platforms, and investment funds on the underlying blockchain.
- Architecting the process of large-scale deployment of the entire stack.
- Executing quickly and effectively while keeping maintainability, large-scale systems design/architecture, and security as top priorities.
- Experience doing the design and implementation of highly scalable and high performance platforms.
- Experience distributed systems in a production environment
- Strong programming skills in at least one of: Rust, C++, C, or Java
- Willing to learn and primarily use Rust.
- Understanding of security best practices
- Great communication skills
Nice to have:
- Experience doing the planning and management of key product milestones
- Experience with blockchain systems and/or cryptography
- Experience with C++11
Did you like this job or want to see more? All of our online job postings can be found on these sites:
Follow us on Instagram here:
Follow us on LinkedIn here: