The Sr. Specialist, HR Compliance is a key contributor to The Pokémon Company International (TPCi) global strategy, policies and programs to ensure equitable and competitive aligned with business strategy and on-going attraction and retention of talent. This role is responsible for the day-to-day operations of workplace accommodation and wellness programs and identifying and implementing program expansion and improvement.
What You’ll Do
- Lead all workplace accommodation and wellness program employee and manager-facing communications and training, including creation of self-service tools/information sources, program aids and training, and other programmatic information to drive employee awareness and utilization.
- Support development of risk mitigation strategies related to HR regulatory compliance and adherence to company policy and best practices
- Partner with key stakeholders for roll-out and execution of employee/candidate-facing programs and initiatives
- Lead support for employees and managers for leaves of absence, ergonomics, worker’s compensation, and reasonable accommodation requests; manage communications to IT, Legal, Facilities and applicable third parties.
- Interprets and administers workplace accommodation and wellness programs and policies in accordance with the applicable employment laws (FMLA, ADA, USERRA, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, etc.) and company policy.
- Coordinates and organizes all employee information related to workplace accommodation programs and ensures that GDPR, HIPAA and Employee Privacy guidelines are closely monitored and effectively executed.
- Take a lead role in program analysis, evaluation of use, services, coverage, effectiveness, cost, plan experience and competitive trends in Wellness programs.
- Provide support for workplace accommodation and employee wellness programs during the full employee life cycle.
- Partner with the VP of HR and Director of Total Rewards and HR Compliance and Systems in developing project management and resource tracking and dashboards for the HR team, and in special projects, as assigned (25% of time allocation).
What You’ll Bring
- Five or more years’ experience with project management and administration of HR programs including launching initiatives and developing communication plans, multi-country experience a plus.
- Knowledge on HR regulations and compliance requirements as it relates to workplace accommodation and wellness programs.
- Proficient in HRM systems; advanced knowledge of Excel is required.
- Absolute discretion in dealing with highly confidential information.
How You Will Be Successful
- Communication: You have impeccable written and verbal communication with an ability to easily convey messaging to diverse audiences. You utilize active listening skills and ensure that stakeholders feel heard.
- Collaborative and inclusive: You are a team player with the ability to work collaboratively and comfortably with all employees who have diverse skills and experience and are in different geographies and levels within the organization.
- Effective enthusiasm: You exhibit persistence, confidence and a relentlessly positive attitude.
- Pride in your work: You are conscientious with the consistency and quality of deliverables.
- Analytical and logical: You know the “how” is as important as the “what” -You’re quantitative and qualitative and able to distill and synthesize complex ideas into concise, meaningful information and tell the story through data. You’re adept at prioritization and project management with attentiveness to detail and consistent follow through.
- Growth mindset: You thrive in a dynamic and fluid environment because you are a self-starter who is eager to learn, grow and build something great together; you enjoy building and problem solving to find the best solution.
- Global and diverse perspective: You understand how ethnic, cultural, and political matters influence business and can integrate local and global information into decisions affecting multiple sites. You appreciate diversity of talent, thought, and representation.
What to Expect
We offer a professional, fun and creative work environment. While we maintain a good balance between work and life, additional hours may be required at peak times or for specific initiatives. Travel between office locations internationally may be required on occasion.
The Pokémon Company International, a subsidiary of The Pokémon Company in Japan, manages the property outside of Asia and is responsible for brand management, licensing, marketing, the Pokémon Trading Card Game, the animated TV series, home entertainment, and the official Pokémon website. Pokémon was launched in Japan in 1996 and today is one of the most popular children's entertainment properties in the world.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of people so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.