Sr. Underwriter (
Job Number:333285 )
Senior Agribusiness Underwriter
Underwrite agribusiness risks within specified limits of authority in a designated line or lines of business and/or from assigned agents in a manner that contributes to profit and growth.
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reviews new risk submissions, renewals, and endorsement requests within assigned authority and underwriting guidelines.
- Obtains additional information where necessary and analyzes all pertinent data to determine acceptability of risks according to established underwriting guidelines.
- Reviews endorsements on existing policies to identify any change in original coverage or amounts.
- Assist Division Manager in the development and implementation of the Business Plan for the division.
- Assist Division Manager in planning and implementing the marketing strategy for division.
- Assume day to day responsibility for the areas delegated by Underwriting Supervisor.
- Evaluates, accepts, rejects or modifies risks within established underwriting guidelines.
- Prepares submissions for higher review by Underwriter Supervisor when risk limits are outside assigned authority.
- Communicates with agents either written or orally to develop agent/underwriter relationships.
- Encourage submission of targeted business and maintain liaisons with agents to obtain necessary underwriting information.
- Make referrals to Underwriting Supervisor when necessary.
- Provides assistance, consultation and advice on underwriting matters to other underwriters, support staff, and Underwriting Supervisor.
- Provides underwriting assistants/technicians with all necessary rating information.
- Assists in training of personnel as needed.
- Performs special projects and other job duties as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Knowledge of rating, forms, and underwriting requirements for Agribusiness lines of insurance.
- Analytical ability to evaluate underwriting risks within assigned authority limits.
- Ability to read and understand company procedure manuals and apply information to work tasks.
- Ability to organize and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Ability to work well with people in a team environment.
- Ability to effectively communicate and maintain business relationships with Company personnel, agents, outside resources, and customers.
- Ability to train or assist in training of underwriter assistants, underwriting technician, and underwriters.
- Ability to use the company terminology, processes and systems.
- Knowledge of general office practices.
- Ability to perform basic and complex mathematical calculations.
- Ability to remain calm and professional.
- Ability to work from oral and written communications.
- Ability to work independently.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Ability to assist in other work-related areas as required.
High School or GED required, Bachelor’s degree preferred or at least 5-7 years of Property and Casualty insurance experience.
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.
Travel- Yes, 25 % of the Time
Job Posting- May 13, 2020, 3:07:26 PM