- Reviews submission information with the underwriter, researches and provides analysis of account information, and ensures overall regulatory compliance.
- Compiles and documents risk report and underwriting strategy
- Coordinates account processing and servicing
- Coordinates the quoting, booking and issuance process with the CSR and completes the risk report for referral the Underwriter
- Reviews, verifies and publishes all documents in the electronic customer file
- Researches and responds to Producer and Overseas Underwriter inquires
- Serves as the first point of contact for the internal and external contacts on account related matters
- Ensures MAX and other tracking systems are updated timely
- Successful completion of a college level curriculum and/or at least 2 years of commercial insurance experience
- Strong data entry and computer skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to compile, evaluate and interpret detailed information and data
- Must have knowledge of electronic systems, underwriting principles, policy forms and the ability to recognize exposure to loss
- Demonstrates math aptitude, knowledge of rating systems, underwriting rate/rule manuals; Proficient in on line reference manuals and familiar with other regulatory agencies
- At least 2 years of prior commercial insurance underwriting support experience.
- Basic understanding of insurance terminology.
- Ability to work both independently as well as operate and contribute positively in a team-based environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior time utilization, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to research, think critically, analyze, prioritize, take initiative, problem solve, and work under pressure to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to respond to changing business priorities
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong prioritization skills
- Ability to take multiple tasks to completion
- Ability to track assignments and follow through with others as necessary
- Detail oriented
- Organized, energetic, and easily adaptable to change
Flexible and adaptable to change
At Chubb, we are committed to equal employment opportunity and compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to it. Our policy is to provide employment, training, compensation, promotion, and other conditions or opportunities of employment, without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, national origin, ancestry, mental and physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, age, and pregnancy or any other characteristic protected by law. Performance and qualifications are the only basis upon which we hire, assign, promote, compensate, develop and retain employees. Chubb prohibits all unlawful discrimination, harassment and retaliation against any individual who reports discrimination or harassment.