Sr. Underwriting Assistant(
Chubb Limited is currently seeking an Underwriting Associate to join the Global Accounts Branch within Global Services located in Basking Ridge, NJ.
The Underwriting Associate (UA) will contribute to the achievement of the Global Serviced Branch goals as well as corporate goals relating to the growth, profit, renewal retention, service and producer/client management. Branch is responsible for commercial U.S. policies which are part of an overall account managed on behalf of Chubb’s international zones. The UA gathers and analyzes account-specific information (including but not limited to loss information, exposures, financials, loss control reports) and prepares risk report for referral to the Underwriter; corresponds with both local U.S. producers and overseas underwriters to compile necessary information; develops information and recommendations based upon account review; determines strategy in conjunction with the underwriter; handles all coordination of accounts being sent to the Processing Center and completes all rating and issuance instructions including appropriate forms, coverages and final premium; ensures electronic file integrity; ensures internal and external service standards are met to achieve a high level of customer satisfaction. This position may be assigned renewal underwriting authority.
- Reviews submission information with the underwriter, researches and provides analysis of account information, and ensures overall regulatory compliance.
- Compiles and documents risk report and underwriting strategy
- Coordinates account processing and servicing
- Coordinates the quoting, booking and issuance process with the CSR and completes the risk report for referral the Underwriter
- Reviews, verifies and publishes all documents in the electronic customer file
- Researches and responds to Producer and Overseas Underwriter inquires
- Serves as the first point of contact for the internal and external contacts on account related matters
- Ensures MAX and other tracking systems are updated timely
Duties require the application of technical knowledge to diverse situations and action taken as a result of judgement. The selected candidate must have strong communication, multi-tasking, and organizational skills. In addition, the individual must demonstrate:
- Successful completion of a college level curriculum and/or at least 2 years of commercial insurance experience
- Strong data entry and computer skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word/Excel/Outlook
- Must be detail-oriented with the ability to compile, evaluate and interpret detailed information and data
- Must have knowledge of electronic systems, underwriting principles, policy forms and the ability to recognize exposure to loss
- Demonstrates math aptitude, knowledge of rating systems, underwriting rate/rule manuals; Proficient in on line reference manuals and familiar with other regulatory agencies
- At least 2 years of prior commercial insurance underwriting support experience.
- Basic understanding of insurance terminology.
- Ability to work both independently as well as operate and contribute positively in a team-based environment
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Superior time utilization, organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to research, think critically, analyze, prioritize, take initiative, problem solve, and work under pressure to meet critical deadlines
- Ability to respond to changing business priorities
- Ability to work autonomously
- Strong prioritization skills
- Ability to take multiple tasks to completion
- Ability to track assignments and follow through with others as necessary
- Detail oriented
- Organized, energetic, and easily adaptable to change
- Flexible and adaptable to change
Basking Ridge 07920