Req. ID: 206363
Micron Technology’s vision is to transform how the world uses information to enrich life and our commitment to people, innovation, tenacity, collaboration, and customer focus allows us to fulfill our mission to be a global leader in memory and storage solutions. This means conducting business with integrity, accountability, and professionalism while supporting our global community.
As the Audio/Visual UCC Engineer at Micron Technology, you will lead design and management of all elements of Micron's global conference room technology and solutions. You will act as the authority in all things audio visual technology for Micron on a local and global level. The fundamental purpose of this role is to improve Micron's profitability by facilitating efficient and frustration-free meetings, trainings, video conferences, and other audio visual experiences. You will design, implement, and maintain elegant and effective audio visual systems. Your primary goal is to ensure that Micron employees will be enabled to focus more on the business tasks at hand, rather than the technology that facilitates those tasks. Further, standardization of these systems will streamline the processes of support, training, budgeting, procurement, deployment, and life-cycle planning. Finally, the continual refinement of these system standards will ensure Micron remains current with the industry and comparable corporate workplace standards.
The environment is a 40,000+ size global user base. In addition to this role, you will evaluate, design, configure, and implement hardware and software components for cloud and on premise audio/visual, voice, video, chat, instant messaging and conference room technology solutions. This will include, but is not limited to, the following ecosystem technologies – Microsoft's Skype for Business (SfB), Skype Mobile, Avaya, and Polycom video conferencing infrastructure.
You will work with global team members to help maintain technical roadmaps and assist in project forecasting. Additionally, you will lead research and development efforts pertaining to development of new features and capabilities within the global UCC ecosystem. You will also meet with Micron’s Business Units to ensure solutions meet and exceed business usability requirements.
Responsibilities include, but not limited to:
- Translate business customer needs into functional and practical system designs
- Write system specifications and statements of work, including RFPs/RFQs.
- Oversee, provide support to, and maintain positive relationships with audio visual vendors, integrators, and partners.
- Support the installation, configuration, commissioning, and training of audio visual integration projects
- Draft or supervise drafting of solutions. Provide final approval on drawings.
- Develop, document, and maintain audio visual reference architecture, making sure to keep current with industry standards.
- Provide L4 troubleshooting support to Micron and contractor audio visual support staff as needed and on a global level
- Conduct trainings and distribute training information to area training leads, end users, and support staff
- Evaluate potential products and stay up to date on product offerings
- Keep current on industry standards and best practices
- Obtain and maintain various industry certifications
- Attend manufacturer and industry trainings as needed
- Define, architect (design), and implement enterprise communication and meeting solutions covering email, voice, video, chat, and teleconferencing
- Define, in conjunction with users and service providers, the quality standards required to support business collaboration
- Actively participate in developing operational models, processes, and procedures
- Install, configure, upgrade, support, and maintain on premise Skype and Polycom environments as well as overall conferencing room environments
- Craft system documentation, testing, training, and post-deployment/upgrade assessments including regular system health checks for conference room technology
- Lead L2/L3 support teams with skills and knowledge to address operational support needs
- Enable and support the use of mobility for voice, video and sharing of content
- Bachelor’s degree in an Information Technology or related discipline (Computer Science, Software Engineering, Math) and 5+ years related work experience with operating system hardware and/or software and components with an emphasis in Audio/Visual technology
- You are proficient in Office 365 / Office 2016, Bluebeam, Visio 2016
- You have deep knowledge of IT (OSI model, TCP/IP settings, LAN/WAN Technologies), and AV specific IT knowledge (Dante, AVB, H.264, H.323, etc.)
- You have a solid grasp of architectural drawings, electrical and telecommunications drawings and related materials
- You have excellent project prioritization and management techniques
- You have superb communication, presentation, and training skills
- You have industry knowledge of technology and audio-visual systems
- You are an experienced AutoCAD user
As the leader in innovative memory solutions, Micron is helping the world make sense of data by delivering technology that is transforming how the world uses information. Through our global brands — Micron, Crucial and Ballistix — we offer the industry’s broadest portfolio. We are the only company manufacturing today’s major memory and storage technologies: DRAM, NAND, NOR and 3D XPoint™ memory. Our solutions are purpose built to leverage the value of data to unlock financial insights, accelerate scientific breakthroughs and enhance communication around the world.
Employee Rewards Program, Healthcare, Paid time off (Combined Sick and Vacation Time), Retirement savings plans, Paid maternity/paternity leave, Employee Assistance Program, Professional development training, Workplace wellness programs, Micron Health Clinic (Boise only), Fitness Center / Activity rooms (Boise only), Tuition Reimbursement, Micron Corporate Discounts, Casual Dress attire.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.
For US Sites Only: To request assistance with the application process and/or for reasonable accommodations, please contact Micron’s Human Resources Department at 1-800-336-8918 or 208-368-4748 and/or by completing our General Contact Form
Keywords: Boise || Idaho (US-ID) || United States (US) || SGA || Experienced || Regular || Information Systems and Technology || #LI-JC4 || Tier 5 ||