Financial Advisory Services – Transaction Advisory Services (TAS)
Over the past 40 years, Houlihan Lokey has established one of the largest worldwide financial advisory practices. Our transaction expertise and leadership in the field of due diligence inspire confidence in the financial executives, boards of directors, special committees, retained counsel, investors, and business owners we serve.
According to Thomson Reuters Houlihan Lokey ranked:
· No. 1 M&A advisor for all U.S. transactions
· No. 1 global M&A fairness opinion advisor over the past 15 years
· No. 1 global restructuring advisor
For more information, please visit www.HL.com
Due to growth, we seek a Sr. Vice President to join our Transaction Advisory Services, Accounting and Financial Reporting practice based in our New York office.
· As a professional in the group, you will team with a highly talented and dedicated group of M&A and Advisory professionals, providing you broad exposure to different transactional and technical issues affecting businesses within the M&A and capital markets today.
· Unique opportunity to work in a variety of industries on an investment banking platform, providing exposure to the broader corporate finance industry and capital markets.
· You will develop and extend your financial and interpersonal skills as you partner with management finance teams and sponsors to advance their accounting and financial reporting objectives resulting from transaction driven events.
- Client execution, client leading and client facing. Direct impact on practice and help grow the team
- Ground floor opportunity in a highly established company
- Work on an investment-banking platform without independence conflicts experienced in the big four accounting firms
- Outstanding opportunity to earn promotion in meritocracy environment. Firm has historically high employee promotion track record
- Compensation includes base with attractive/achievable bonus opportunity and equity incentives alongside other benefits
The environment at Houlihan Lokey is collaborative and entrepreneurial. Are you:
- Motivated, creative, commercially driven, and possess strong skills in overall project management, leading, managing, performing financial analysis, and business development
- Have a strong knowledge and prior experience in M&A financial due diligence
We team closely with our corporate finance and restructuring colleagues across all our industry platforms, on a variety of projects and accounts.
- Primary activities will include executing buy-side and sell-side transaction advisory engagements; business development; and overall engagement management
- Act as the lead professional on engagements—managing the day-to-day tasks of projects and serving as a principal contact with client personnel; managing client deliverables
- Lead diligence meetings, draft and review tailored due diligence reports specific to key issues such as normalized earnings, achievability of management’s budget, indebtedness considerations, and working capital analysis
- Direct the efforts of Vice Presidents, Associates and Financial Analysts, providing guidance with an apprenticeship approach
- Review transaction documents
- Network with prospects to build revenue producing relationships
- Drive business development events and initiatives in the region and in some cases, outside the New York area
- Collaborate closely with corporate finance, capital markets, valuation, and financial restructuring colleagues
• The ideal candidate will be highly motivated with an exceptional work ethic, and have a demonstrated track record of client development (private equity client experience preferred)
• A minimum of 10 years of professional experience, including extensive financial due diligence experience at a Big 4 firm
• Demonstrated professional achievement and client service excellence
• CPA required
• Strong current knowledge of US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles including SEC reporting, purchase accounting and transaction related issues
• Strong analytical abilities
• Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
• Strong command of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and common database systems. Experience with data analytics tools (Alteryx, Tableau, etc.) preferred
• Ability and desired willingness to travel
Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
Houlihan Lokey (NYSE: HLI) is a global investment bank with expertise in mergers and acquisitions, capital markets, valuation, financial restructuring, and strategic consulting. The firm serves corporations, institutions, and governments worldwide with offices in the United States, Europe, and the Asia-Pacific region. Independent advice and intellectual rigor are hallmarks of our commitment to client success across our advisory services.
Our stability, integrity, technical leadership, and global capabilities make us a trusted advisor for clients worldwide, across a wide range of services, including Transaction Advisory Services, Transaction Opinions, Tax & Financial Reporting Valuation, Portfolio Valuation & Fund Advisory Services, Real Estate Valuation & Advisory Services, Dispute Resolution Consulting, and Tech+IP Advisory.