The Senior Web Application Developer is responsible for developing, testing, implementing, and maintaining web-based application systems; troubleshoots system problems and issues and looks for ways to improve the application. The Sr. Web Application Developer has knowledge of a variety of concepts, practices, and procedures within the programming field; provides other programmers guidance and support with more advanced/complicated development issues; relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals; performs a variety of complicated tasks. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Under general direction, the ideal candidate should have experience in leading the development of CMS solutions in Drupal 8 with responsibility for overall delivery of software components.
The candidate should be strong in Drupal and PHP, service integration and frontend technologies and capable of handling the team of developers to ensure delivery of high-quality code in a timely manner.
- Develops applications for use over the web.
- Designs databases that can are normalized according to project requirements.
- Connects web applications to various database systems either directly or through web services.
- Applies HTML/CSS developed by web designers in order to accurately skin web applications.
- Customizes code to accurately reflect HTML/CSS developed by web designers.
- Annotates software code in order to provide future support continuity.
- Ensures web application functionality is accurate against both business and technical scopes prior to passing off the beta testing.
- Utilizes object oriented principals and designs patterns to accomplish web application tasks.
- Works closely with design and database team in order to deliver the best product, as quickly as possible, and at the lowest cost.
- Works closely with the Baylor College of Medicine-OIT Project Management Group and Baylor-OIT training and documentation group in order to effectively deliver projects that meet defined requirements.
- Develops accurate timetables for development cycles.
- Supports less senior developers with technical guidance to more advanced or technically challenging issues.
- Architects applications projects so that data and code are reusable and extendible.
- Required: Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering, Mathematics, Healthcare, or a related field. Four years of related experience may substitute for degree requirement.
- Required : Seven years of relevant experience