The Sr. Consultant will directly support the Department of Defense (DoD) to help ensure the successful implementation and compliance with workforce management and professional development initiatives across the DoD.
The Sr. Consultant is responsible for providing day-to-day program support and compliance management services as assigned. The tasks focus on research and analysis of data, policy, and manpower and personnel systems. The Sr. Consultant facilitates the formulation and drafting of program policy.
Other primary duties include data collection support, providing input to the definition of system requirements, analyzing new data sources and evaluating their utility, and facilitating the process to establish new data automation between authoritative systems, drafting and coordinating memorandums of understanding (MOUs), guidance documents, and correspondence to disseminate program information. The Sr. Consultant facilitates communication of guidance and ensures compliance with DoD policy and program guidance. The Sr. Consultant also provides advice and consultation to other internal and external team members to ensure quality of service among the team.
Required Skills and Experience:
- 5 years of direct experience with workforce development, manpower/personnel initiatives, human capital services, or professional certification programs
- 5 years of experience facilitating the formulation, drafting, and coordination of policy and official guidance documents
- 5 years of experience analyzing workforce data and systems
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision
- Personnel must be able to foster a positive relationship with DoD Agencies and Military Departments
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to conduct independent research
- Proficient in MS Office Suite applications Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint; proficiency with Excel to perform data evaluation, formulas, analytics and spreadsheets. Must be able to transfer presentation graphics from Excel into PowerPoint or Word.
- Ability to effectively communicate in writing
- The position calls for flexibility, excellent interpersonal skills, and the ability to work well with all levels of internal management staff and DoD counterparts.
Other Job Requirements:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in English, Political Science, International Affairs, Human Resources, Communications, Computer Science, or other multi-disciplinary field of study
- U.S. Citizenship
- Active DoD Secret Security Clearance or the ability to obtain one is required
- Available for limited CONUS travel as necessary.