This position is open until filled with first review of resumes to take place on 9/20/19.
Under general supervision, the Senior Banner Programmer/Analyst will serve as our in-house Banner application and business data expert. The position requires hands-on expertise with Banner systems including Banner Job Submission, posting, data imports, data exports, baseline and modified C Programs, shell scripts and other Banner related processes as well as in-depth knowledge of functional business processes in the Finance and HR modules. This includes the ability appropriately correct Banner payroll issues, develop and process data file and API imports/exports between non-Banner systems, state and federal tax feeds and benefit carrier feeds. As our in-house Banner data expert, the Sr. Programmer/Analyst will need to create advanced Oracle SQL scripts and reports to analyze and validate data then create advanced PL/SQL programs to manipulate the data and capture exceptions. The programmer will need develop robust and automated processes to translate, import and export data between Banner and external systems using delimited TXT/XML files, Banner and external APIs and Web Services. The position requires a strong analytical mindset, advanced Oracle SQL and PL/SQL expertise.
The Senior Banner Programmer/Analyst will assist our Oracle Banner DBA with Banner infrastructure projects, take the lead in Banner upgrades, customizations, data integrations and provide technical training and documentation for other programmers and power users. This position requires experience, organization, creativity and attention-to-detail. As a subject-expert, the programmer/analyst is expected to have excellent team-working, training skills and a willingness to learn from other subject-experts in order to achieve the best possible solution and raise the collective knowledge of our information systems family.
The Sr. Banner Programmer/Analyst is responsible for but not limited to:
Support, development and modernization of SDSU Research Foundation's Oracle-based business applications, including Ellucian's Banner (finance, HR, payroll, research administration). Consults with department representatives and analysts to design, prototype, test, debug, document and deploy secure programs and reports to meet user needs. Integrate enterprise applications with complex third-party applications, develop complex analytical reports, and develop new robust and secure reporting and transactional web applications using Oracle development tools. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Technical expert on the Banner system, processes and data. Provides support for Banner Human Resource and Banner Finance and related systems.
- Works closely with technical and non-technical users to define requirements, resolve issues and create advanced PL/SQL programs to manipulate data.
- Analyze end-user functions to develop scripts, programs and dashboards to automate processes.
- Create, develop, troubleshoot, diagnose, repair, and maintain current data integrations between Banner and 3rd-party applications.
- Manage all phases of program development, from analysis, design and code phase through the end-user training phase and post-release modification phase.
- Assist Oracle Banner DBA with Banner infrastructure projects, take lead in Banner upgrades, customizations, data integrations and provide technical training and documentation for other programmers and power users.
Responsible for protecting SDSURF information assets and implementing applicable policies and procedures outlined in the CSU Integrated Administrative Manual, SDSU Information Security Plan and SDSURF policies and procedures in all activities
Other Duties and Responsibilities 10%
Complete special projects as assigned.
- Bachelors degree, preferably in computer science or business, or equivalent training and applied experience.
- Four years of progressively responsible computer programming and analysis experience.
- Programming, business analysis experience in higher-ed ERP (Ellucian Banner preferred).
- Experience in analyzing data, developing and tuning complex Oracle SQL reports.
- Experience developing advanced PL/SQL objects with robust error handling.
- Experience consulting with end-users and gathering requirements needed to create business and functional program or reporting specifications.
- Experience working in Linux/Unix operating system environments.
- Hands-on experience working with end-users to resolve problems and create error free systems.
- Experience developing and supporting data integrations between Banner or other Oracle-based ERP and external systems.
- Experience developing and supporting system data feeds and integration between Banner or another Oracle-based ERP.
- Experience with developing reports in Oracle Application Express (APEX).
- Experience with Apache Tomcat.
- Experience with GIT, GITHUB or other toolkits.