SRH - Patient Care Associate, 32 hrs/wk, Evening Shift, Spinal Cord Unit
- Patient care plan is carried out as directed.
- Patient physical care is provided such as bed bath, toileting, grooming, changing bed linen, etc. per established guidelines.
- Patient general care is provided such as positioning, lifting and turning, and using adaptive and transfer equipment per established guidelines.
- Patient monitoring activities such as vital signs and blood glucose are performed per established guidelines.
- Patients are prepared for meals, assisting when appropriate to meet patients’ need.
- Patient rounds are performed regularly and call lights are answered promptly to meet patients’ needs.
- Patient care is documented in a timely manner adhering to established standards.
- Patient room clutter is organized to make best use of space and clean environment.
- Specimens are obtained and labeled consistent with established procedures.
- Mentoring and teaching is provided for new nursing assistants to meet performance expectations.
- Additional department, organization, or network activities are completed per established objectives.
- PCC Organizational Values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence are upheld.
- Graduate of CNA training program required for Skilled Nursing Facilities and preferred for other PCC entities.
- High School Diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of 1 year of experience as a nursing assistant preferred.
- Effective verbal, electronic and written communications skills using the English language.
- Computer proficiency required. Microsoft office applications preferred with ability to learn new software.
- Maintain variable work schedule to meet department needs. (evenings and nights, holidays, weekends and travel).Preferred
- Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills, working with diverse population.
- Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member of a team.
- Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies for addressing them.
- High level of service delivery. Demonstrate initiative with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing situations.
- Attention to detail.
SRN iscommitted to diversity in the workplace which begins with respect andopportunity for all. SRN takes affirmative action to ensure that equalemployment opportunity is provided to all persons regardless of race, religiouscreed, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity,genetic information, age, ancestry, veteran status, disability or any otherbasis that would be inconsistent with any applicable ordinance or law. Ifyou need a reasonable accommodation in coming to or participating in theinterviewprocess, please let us know.
Primary Location MA-Charlestown-SRH Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital Boston
SRH Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital Boston (SRHMaincampus)
300 1st Avenue