SRH- Research Engineer
- Standard operating protocols for lab equipment are maintained per established guidelines.
- Engineering objectives are developed and implemented in alignment of the lab’s mission and within established timeframes.
- Activities are completed commensurate with technical skills and expertise that were agreed upon at hire.
- Scientific posters, presentations and publications are completed to meet established goals.
- Lab and institutional representation are consistent with laboratory aims and SRN mission.
- Work practices are compliant with funding requirements and regulations.
- Project budget is monitored to meet financial targets.
- Uphold the PCC Organizational Values of Innovation, Collaboration, Accountability, Respect, and Excellence.
Qualifications and Experience
Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in an engineering discipline related to the aims of the lab.
Electrical engineering, mechanical engineering, or biomedical engineering
Experience and level of training in technical skills commensurate fellowship goals
The successful candidate will have a strong background in one or more of the following areas: advanced programming (i.e., matlab, C++, JAVA, Unity), robotics, control systems.
Skills(Specific learned activity gained through training (e.g. computer skills, keyboarding, presentation, CPR, ACLS, etc.)
Effective verbal, electronic and written communications skills in English.
- 3D printing
- Computer proficiency required.
Feedback controllers and haptics
- Advanced signal processing
- Statistical inferencing
Computer programming (i.e., matlab, C++, JAVA, Unity)
Quantitative and experimental skills in human movement science are favorable.
Highly developed communications and interpersonal skills, working with diverse population.
Work independently, be self-directed and contribute as a member of a team.
Anticipates challenges and develops and implements strategies for addressing them.
High level of service delivery. Demonstrate initiative with ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines and adapt to changing situations.
Attention to detail.
Primary Location MA-Charlestown-SRH Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital Boston
SRH Spaulding Rehabilitation Hospital Boston (SRHMaincampus)
300 1st Avenue