As one of the nation’s leading pediatric health care systems, Nemours is committed to providing all children with their best chance to grow up healthy. We offer integrated, family-centered care to more than 300,000 children each year in our pediatric hospitals, specialty clinics and primary care practices in Delaware, Florida, Maryland, New Jersey and Pennsylvania. Nemours strives to ensure a healthier tomorrow for all children – even those who may never enter our doors – through our world-changing research, education and advocacy efforts. At Nemours, our Associates help us deliver on the promise we make to every family we have the privilege of serving: to treat their child as if they were our own.
The SRT Maintenance Mechanic performs general repairs and maintenance of plumbing, carpentry, electrical, patch/painting and minor construction projects. In order to build Patient and Associate satisfaction this position pro-actively monitors and performs general maintenance in inpatient areas, outpatient clinics and business occupancy areas to ensure they are in optimal condition. In addition to performing work of a SRT General Maintenance Mechanic, this position also performs more complex repairs, inspection and preventative maintenance (PM) of mechanical equipment and systems.
SCHEDULE: Normally work schedule is Monday through Friday on day shift, however the position may be called upon to work various shifts and days as assigned.
- Performs repairs, Preventative Maintenance (PM) and inspection of: Door Hardware; Fire and Smoke Door & Barrier integrity; & inspections to maintain a safe environment of care.
- Performs general painting, plumbing, electrical and carpentry repairs including but not limited to: unstopping clogged plumbing, repairing damaged walls, doors, windows, privacy curtains, furniture, fixtures and equipment attached to walls, and some equipment such as beds, cribs and stretchers.
- Installation of doors and door hardware , Exit devices, cylindrical and mortise lock sets, panic hardware and door closers.
- Regularly inspects and repairs damage to inpatient rooms, clinic waiting areas and exam rooms, hallways and office areas.
- Plans work and prioritizes assignments. Completes work orders in a timely and professional manner. Completes assigned rounds in a timely and professional manner.
- Position may be assigned to provide general maintenance services to a specific area/zone of the facility, and entire building and satellite clinics/Ambulatory Surgery Centers.
- Proficiency at general maintenance, mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP) tasks. Basic knowledge of the use tools ranging from common hand and power tools, such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches, . Uses ICRA barriers to minimize maintenance/construction risk. Proficient at skills as fire and smoke door and barrier management.
- Gives and accepts feedback
- Gives accurate information
- Works with minimal supervision
- Takes and follow the directions given
- Handles multiple task quickly and efficiently
- Abide by Nemours Standards of Behavior - Be in the moment, Be authentic and humanistic, Volunteer discretionary effort consistently, Model high performance desired behaviors that drive desired results, Respect and leverage separate realities, Be curious versus judgmental, Look in the mirror first and be accountable, Have courageous conversations, Provide timely, clear and specific feedback, Teach, coach and mentor others.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- General Maintenance (MEP) experience of at least 3 years with 5 years general maintenance experience preferred.
Our dedication to professionals who are dedicated to children frequently earns Nemours a spot on the list of top workplaces in the communities we serve. Our Associates enjoy comprehensive benefits, including our unique “Bridge to a Healthy Future” pediatric health plan, an integrated wellness program, opportunities for professional growth, and much more. As an equal opportunity employer, Nemours focuses on the best-qualified applicants for our openings.