The Advanced Sensors and Techniques group is developing new capability for optical and radar image processing for space control. This position will support integration and test of new capabilities for the Space Surveillance Telescope (SST) image processing pipeline and the MIRAGE radar image processing software. SST is an innovative 3.5 m very wide field of view optical instrument developed by our customer to find space debris and micro-satellites in deep space orbits. The telescope is currently being relocated to Australia for operational acceptance. In preparation for operation in Australia, the telescope software is being enhanced with new capabilities. This position will support the integration and test of SST’s Control and Data Processing Sub-system
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The Advanced Sensors and Techniques group requires engineering support to develop, enhance, and maintain SST mission software applications, including web services and database interfaces. Work must conform with DoD Information Assurance best practice.
• Must be a U.S. citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain an active DoD secret clearance
• PhD plus 5 years minimum experience, or MS plus 8 years minimum experience
• Minimum 7 years of application development experience in service oriented architectures in a Linux environment.
• Working knowledge of Java, C++, SQL, WSDL, SOAP, EM4, and scripting languages such as Python.
• Active secret clearance
WORKING LOCATIONS & ADDITIONAL INFO
• Location: Lexington, Ma
• Travel: Non-Anticipated
• Employment Status: Full-Time Employee with full benefits (Medical, Dental, Vision, STD, LTD, PTO, Retirement)
• Other: All candidates must also successfully pass a Commercial Background Investigation (CBI).
This job posting sets forth the authorities and responsibilities of this position, which may be changed from time to time as shall be determined.
Odyssey Systems Consulting Group, LTD. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, protected veteran status, or other factors protected by federal, state, and/or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting; hiring; placement; promotion; termination; layoff; recall; transfer; leaves of absence; compensation; and training.