This is a full-time role within ESG's Accounting team. ESG Automotive is the go-to source for electrical engineering consulting in the automotive industry.
Job Title: Staff Accountant – General Accounting
What you’ll be doing:
Work with the existing accounting team to perform multiple duties related to the accounting functions of the organization within established deadlines. Maintain general ledger utilizing core accounting principles.
- Working with Business Line managers – collecting, coding and tracking customer purchase orders and projects
- Service Invoicing – Reconciling of time entry and invoicing of to customers
- Review General Ledger accounts then prepare and enter journal entries for accruals and reversals of revenue
- Assist with internal control evaluations
- Perform account reconciliation, including bank statements and inter-company general ledger accounts
- Assist rest of department in order to meet company objectives on an as needed basis
- Accounts Payable – coding, entering and paying
- Accounts Receivable – Invoicing and payment application
- Under limited supervision, analyze information detailing assets, liabilities and capital and prepared Balance Sheet, P&L and other reports to summarize current and/or projected company results
- May establish, modify, document and coordinate implementation of accounting and accounting control procedures
What you need for this position:
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting preferred or equivalent experience
- 1-3 years’ experience in hourly payroll or service invoicing
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting principles including matching principle
- Attention to detail and solid communication abilities
- Proficient in MS office applications, MS Excel proficiency is integral to this position
- Ability to use standard spreadsheet and database software or an accounting application package designed for general accounting
- Detail oriented, self-motivated, high integrity
- Driven to meet assigned deadlines and function independently to accomplish objectives
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time
- Excellent evaluation and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers and/or customers
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form
What’s in it for you:
- Competitive compensation with bonuses
- Excellent benefits including:
- Medical/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Employer paid Life and AD&D Insurance, Short-term and Long-term Disability Insurance
- 401k with employer match and immediate vesting
- Flexible Spending Account
- Generous paid time off package including Vacation, Personal/Sick, and Holiday
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Employee Referral Program
- Employee Assistance Program
- Travel Assistance Program
- Dynamic place to work with variety of projects
- Strong work/life balance
- Opportunity for growth
Let the innovative developments and newest technologies in the world of electronics captivate you.
ESG Automotive Inc. is a sound and steadily growing company. As part of the ESG Group, it is able to offer committed employees the professional environment of an internationally active company with locations in the USA and Europe. For five decades, the ESG Group has been developing, integrating and selling electronics and IT systems and is regarded as a high-tech company for technology transfer between different markets.
Due to our broad range of customers and our activities in future-oriented industries, we offer challenging tasks and activities. Technology and consulting are entwined in all areas of our business. Shorter chains of communication and an open corporate culture make for a straightforward and pleasant working environment in which our employees are able to grow and develop.
As we operate in the high-tech sector, we place particularly high demands on our employees: In addition to solid specialist knowledge and industry experience, we are looking for professional and quality-oriented individuals who are customer-oriented and are able to quickly integrate in multi-disciplinary teams.