The Staff Accountant is responsible for providing Accounts Payable and General Accounting Support for a multi-unit / multi-legal entity Burger King Franchise Operation. They will deliver results through effective time management, organization and attention-to-detail while aligning all efforts in support of the Company Core Values, Key Behaviors, Vision and Mission.
As the Company continues to grow, successful employees have a high degree of potential for project ownership and career development.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
Reporting to the Controller and supporting the Senior Accountant, this is a fantastic opportunity to learn in a small environment while still being able to handle a variety of responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Perform general accounting duties to include Journal Entries and Account Reconciliations
- Daily AP Invoice Entry into accounting software for 300 invoices a week
- Online Bill Pay and Vendor Management
- Registering and maintaining current licenses for 20 physical locations, including but not limited to vehicles, food, fire and occupancy permits, workers compensation, etc.
- Serve as back up to daily cash deposit management and investigating abnormalities
- Making Bank Deposits
- Expense Report tracking and processing
- Monthly Inventory Reconciliation
- Inventory Pricing Updates
- Purchasing of equipment and supplies as needed
- Credit Card and Insurance Premium Reconciliation and Payments
- Sorting and filing paperwork according to company records and retention policy
- Developing and maintaining relationships with co-workers, suppliers and vendors
- Fielding and responding to phone, email and in person inquiries
- Collaborating with HR and Operations to support the restaurant operations and team
Planning Organizing / Work Management
Quality Orientation / Attention to Detail
Team Work Collaboration
REQUIRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field, with a minimum of 1-2 years Accounts Payable and General Accounting experience.
PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field, with a minimum of 3 years Accounts Payable and General Accounting experience.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
This description of activities is intended to describe essential job functions. Its purpose is to give the job applicant a feel for the physical and cognitive activities of the job to the end that an applicant can determine whether he or she will be able to do this job either with or without accommodations.
- Use of hands and fingers to reach, grip, grasp, twist, type and write.
- Repetitive use of tablets, smart phones, computer key boards, mouse, register screens, calculators, as well as hand written records or reports.
- Vision abilities for close, distant, peripheral, depth and color recognition with the ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly required to talk and hear in person and over phone and webinar situations
- Lift or move items up to 10 pounds regularly; lift or move up to 25 pounds frequently; lift or move up to 50 pounds occasionally.
- Being onsite for scheduled work with ability to sit for 8-10 hours a day
POSITION TYPE / EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
This is a full-time, Exempt status position. Typical days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. This position may require long hours and weekend work during peak seasons and / or depending on business needs. Times and shifts will be determined by the Company.
Travel is minimal, but when necessary extends to the areas of stores locations and to the Corporate office, occurring primarily during restaurant operating hours, although some out-of-area travel may be expected.
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS:
- Highly skilled in dealing with financial and numeric data
- Working knowledge of general financial and accounting principles
- Willingness to help with all aspects of Company Operations
- Intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Word and Excel
- Basic proficiency with Microsoft Outlook and PowerPoint
- Demonstrated experience working with business accounting software
- High aptitude for understanding and learning new software, systems and tasks
- Strong attention to detail and follow-up skills
- Reliable transportation and willingness to travel
- Ability to successfully pass a drug and background screening
- Language Skills: Demonstrated English language proficiency that enables speech expression clarity and proficient reading and verbal comprehension. Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures and governmental regulations. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from team members, guest and the general public.
- Valid driver’s license and acceptable motor vehicle record
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- U.S. Work Authorization
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.