As one of the country's fastest-growing property management companies of single-family rental homes, American Homes 4 Rent has an exhilarating and fluid start-up culture and permanency of a well-founded corporation, rich with diversity. As pioneers in the industry, solidified by our place on Wall Street, American Homes 4 Rent (AMH:NYSE) is currently looking for qualified candidates. With a culture of unprecedented growth, quality and innovative collaboration, we are seeking personalities to complement our attributes.
The Staff Accountant I is responsible for general accounting functions related to the monthly accounting cycle, which may include revenue and accounts receivable, fixed assets, liabilities or other general accounting topics.
- Prepares monthly journal entries, analysis and account reconciliations to accurately close the monthly fiscal period
- Maintains multiple general ledgers; prepares monthly reconciliations for all assigned balance sheet accounts, including documentation to support all balances
- Participates in the development of and review of annual operating budgets and performance projections
- Ensures compliance by confirming processing and reporting deadlines are consistently achieved
- Maintains confidentiality ensuring that privileged and/or proprietary information is adequately safeguarded against disclosure
- Assists business unit management, with financial information requests
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related field required
- Minimum of one (1) year of Accounting or related experience required
- Demonstrated knowledge of accounting principles required
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint) required
- Understanding of ledger accounts preferred
- Familiarity with accounting software or sub-ledger preferred
- Experience with Yardi Voyager a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication, problem-solving, planning and analysis skills.
- Strong relationship management, organizing and customer service skills
- Must be able to meet multiple deadlines
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality
- Must be able to implement process improvement changes
- Must be able to pay close attention to details
Work where you feel right at home
If you are a versatile professional who values culture, a concerted environment and the potential for exponential growth, we want to work with you! Apply now and someone from our Talent Acquisition team will reach out to you soon!
Staff accountant, accounting, finance, ledger accounts, revenue, accounts receivable, liabilities, fixed assets, property management, full time