POSITION TITLE: Staff Accountant – Atlanta, GA
The Royster Group, Inc. is a leader in providing executive search and professional staffing services in the private and public sectors, and healthcare industry. Royster’s goal is to help organizations fill their human capital pipeline with highly qualified leaders and healthcare providers at all levels of the organization. Our core values of Customer Service, Integrity, Teamwork, Accountability and Respect drives all aspect of business.
An executive search and professional staffing firm in the Atlanta area seeks to add a Staff Accountant to our team. The duties and responsibilities each day will include standard duties associated with full-cycle accounting. The successful candidate will oversee company financials and daily operational accounting functions and will be the first point of contact for accounting issues. In addition to be a proficient independent worker, the Staff Accountant can thrive and contribute in a collaborative team environment to the growth of the company. Understanding of Government systems, Wide Area Work Flow (WAWF), a HUGE plus. Please note “ONLY CANDIDATES WITH QUICKBOOKS DESKTOP EXPERIENCE WILL BE CONSIDERED”.
- Performing reconciliations (accounts payable, accounts receivable, balance sheets)
- Completing variance analysis and review of general ledger
- Preparing daily and monthly journal entries
- Data entry of invoices
- Collaborating with fellow leadership team to ensure company deadline adherence
- Generate weekly invoices
- Code and enter payables
- Review and Approve payroll
- Monthly reconciliation of bank and credit cards
- Ensure the correct general ledger accounts are debited and credited accordingly
- Month-end closing and financial statements
- Make collection inquiries on outstanding customer invoices
- Work with outside CPA firm
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrated ability to perform effectively within aggressive deadlines.
- Strong business acumen and ethics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication.
- Able to work under direct supervision with leadership team.
- Excellent problem-solving skills with ability to quickly analyze situations and recommend solutions.
- Ability to efficiently manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication skills with the ability respond to co-workers in a courteous and timely manner
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and reorder workload in a high-performance environment
- Great attention to detail, accuracy, follow up and deadline orientation are a MUST
- Strong analytical skills
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of relevant accounting experience
- CPA or CPA eligible preferred
- High level proficiency with QuickBooks Desktop
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills