IDI's history of achievement and growth is indication that we provide the best environment for enthusiastic, driven individuals to be successful. IDI prides itself on a culture that values building meaningful connections with customers and coworkers, and each employee is bound by a commitment to providing the highest quality service within our industry.
Staff Accountant Job Description
IDI Distributors is seeking a dedicated, mid-level Staff Accountant to join our team! The Staff Accountant will be responsible for supporting the senior account processes and general day to day accounting operations. The Staff Accountant will be responsible for but not limited to:
- Prepare Journal Entries
- Create and enter Month End Journal Entries
- Reconcile Balance Sheet accounts
- Process Journal Entries resulting from Reconciliation process
- Enter customer account adjustments following proper approval
- Applies bank transactions on a weekly basis
- Reconciles bank transactions with bank statement
- Assist with special Department projects
- Assist with month end tasks
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office products including Outlook, Word, Excel; and 10-key capability; knowledge of check printing
- Experience with the use of Great Plains and/or Epicor Profit 21 software a plus
- General understanding of basic accounting principles
- Understanding of sales tax laws in various states a plus
- Experience with GL coding a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting required
- 3-5+ years accounting experience
Why IDI? Excellent pay and benefits. Dedicated staff. Service-oriented culture.
Since 1979 Insulation Distributors has been a leading national distributor to the insulation contractor market throughout the U.S. with locations nationwide. IDI is a family owned and operated American business that takes pride in offering the highest-quality products and services at the most cost-effective prices in the industry. This special relationship with our customers has allowed us to build a successful operation that is prepared to handle specific needs of contractors in the residential, commercial and industrial markets. Part of IDI's commitment to quality stems from our association with the leading fiber glass manufacturer in the world, Owens-Corning, which has been serving the insulation industry with scientific expertise, product research and development for more than 70 years.