Since 2001, PlanITROI has been focused on "Changing Lives with Affordable Technology." Now, more than ever, PlanITROI is considered “essential” and our impact on students’ and families’ lives is our driving mission.
Previously owned computing devices and mobile technology simply cannot be created. By partnering with organizations, industry leaders, educational institutions, and governments to uncover and recover the highest possible value for their retired and returned technology assets, we gain access to previously owned products.
Our supply team’s efforts to bring in previously owned computing devices provides us the opportunity to offer refurbished and re-certified devices through major online retailers. It is our goal to always create an affordable option for computing devices so we can continue to make an impact on the students, families, and businesses who depend on affordable technology.
We’re a certified "Great Place to Work in the USA" and pride ourselves on being a “People First” company. That means… in all situations, do what’s best for others. There is no better way to build a brand than to authentically do what’s right for others – every day!
We’ve been operating as a remote team across the USA for years, so we understand how to operate like a well-oiled remote machine. Therefore, adding a global role in a different time zone will be just as easy. The heartbeat of what we do is driven by processes and systems that keep us accountable and working as a team, we call it “The PlanITROI Way”.
Our mission gives meaning to team members, allowing them to sink their teeth into doing what they love and give back to their community at the same time. Come work with us to not only make an impact on your life but on the world!
Position Overview for Staff Accountant: PlanITROI is seeking an experienced accountant who is deadline driven, focused, and possesses the ability to manage all of the day-to-day accounting functions of the business. The successful candidate must have proven experience and expertise in accounting for a B2C e-Commerce company.
Accounts Receivable Challenge: PlanITROI has thousands of individual drop ship sales transactions weekly that go through major retailers, shipping our computing devices directly to their consumers. The challenge is that each retailer has different rules, fees, processes, connectors and systems, as well as, different payment structures. The retailers take credits for products returned before actual returns are received.
What PlanITROI needs: As we move towards automation to AR cash application systems, PlanITROI needs someone with strong analytical abilities to ensure the manual cash application entries are being applied to the correct invoices and account for the RMAs and Commerce Fees. Candidate will work on disputes, on a daily basis and give support on the AR side, as needed.
Accounts Payable Challenge: PlanITROI’s supply comes in on a revenue share/consignment basis with services that get settled at time of sale. With sales pending and RMA’s at 15%, it is an issue paying vendors accurately.
What PlanITROI needs: As we continue to move towards automation of AP processing transactions, PlanITROI needs someone that can match sales with supply for accurate reconciliation of revenue share/consignment for our clients. We also need follow through on invoice approvals, requesting necessary backup to aid the invoice approval process daily and reconciliation to Vendor Statement of Accounts prior to setting up payments through the bank portal.
Balance Sheet and Profit & Loss Reporting Challenge: PlanITROI has limited visibility to accurate reporting as its current state is disconnected and relies on assumptions and manual inputs.
What PlanITROI needs: PlanITROI needs a simple way to create and maintain, with accuracy, all Balance Sheet Accounts so they are reconciled and P&L Analysis on Revenue Accounts, COGS and G&A Accounts.
Daily General Accounting Tasks/Challenges: PlanITROI lacks day-to-day support on different accounting activities which directly impacts other departments. We need to timely and accurately (specific times as well as “as needed”) handle Vendor Purchase Orders, Customer Sales Orders, process credit card payments, download daily bank statements, and help transition from receiving mail correspondence to going green and receiving correspondence electronically.
What PlanITROI needs: General Support with the day-to-day operations of the Accounting Department. We need the ability to work with the Sales & Supply teams to create Vendor POs and process Customer POs, Sales Orders, process employee sales invoices and process credit card payments. We need someone to handle daily bank reconciliations and process vendor payments through corporate credit cards. We need to centralize all our electronic filing folders in the Accounting Drive and move towards going green and assist with Ad Hoc projects.
- Assist in recording day-to-day AR and AP transactions
- Post customer payments by recording cash, credit card, PayPal and wire transactions
- Research and resolve cash application, billing issues and customer chargebacks
- Responsible for customer account management – responding to all customer and vendor phone calls and emails to resolve issues/discrepancies
- Maintain daily bank reconciliation
- Enter sales order and vendor PO’s, create invoices for employee sales
- Analyze and reconcile bank statements, credit card statements, assigned balance sheet accounts and other general ledgers
- Perform daily reconciliation of banking transactions and research/resolve discrepancies in a timely manner
- Coordinate with sales team to collect customer balances
- Send customer statements and notices of open past due balances, assist with AR collections and mainlining current AR balances
- Reconcile T&E, Amex, Petty Cash, and Prepaid accounts
- Prepare wire transfers in Bank Portal
- Prepare and distribute daily cash position to management
- Prepare assigned EOM journal entries
- Process AP payments and apply them against invoices
- Assist with general accounting support as needed; Ad Hoc reports, phone calls, vendor and client set-up in accounting system and electronic filing
- Assist with EOY Financial and Bank Audit requests
Most important experience and qualities we need in a Staff Accountant:
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance
- 2+ years' related experience preferred
- Hands-on experience working with general ledgers
- Ability to remain composed and efficient in a fast paced, deadline driven environment
- Advanced proficiency in Excel and QuickBooks.
- Experience with VLookups and Pivot Tables preferred.
- Prior experience with cash application, check remittance, credit card remittance, PayPal wires and large volume transactions required
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Able to multi-task and prioritize work effective
- Ability to confidently interact with management, customers, vendors and customers
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Proficient with ERP systems
PlanITROI Core Values:
- Driven & Confident
- Think Win/Win Always
- Own IT/Solve IT
- Personal Growth leads to Professional Growth
- Innovate & Change the World
- Proud to be Part of the PlanITROI Family