Scope: The Staff Accountant prepares and maintains accounting records which may include general accounting, costing or budget data. Examines, interprets and reconciles accounting records for the purpose of giving advice or preparing quarterly statements to ESL. Assist in analysis and interpretation of accounting records for use by management.
Experience working with one of the Big Fours and 3-5 years experience
9/80's with every other Friday off
Responsibilities & Tasks:
- Manage cash activities including printing of bank reports and reporting of corporate cash transactions, prepare weekly/monthly reporting of site and HQ cash balances to ESL.
- Assist in the month-end accounting close process by managing the closing schedule, supporting the reconciliations effort and reviewing and preparing journal entries.
- Assist with preparing timely and accurate financial statements, variance analysis, research and reporting.
- Assist and coordinate ESA-wide intercompany accounts between ESA entities and other ESL companies.
- Interaction with internal and external auditors.
- Assist with review and update, as necessary, all accounting/finance Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) controls as well as compliance to such procedures.
- Promote high performing work environment through ethical business behavior, accountability and ongoing skill development.
- Support special projects as requested and assigned.
- Prepare and coordinate ad hoc financial reports.
- Other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
Outside Business Relationships:
Site Finance Leaders
Site Accounting Personnel
Education (Highest Level Required/Preferred):
Bachelor degree required or 5-10 years functional experience may substitute.
Specific Degree Field, only if required: Accounting or Finance
Training Pre-requisites (Within One Year of Taking Position):
XX Safety Training, as dictated by Safety Department
Functional (Using Skill Set): 3-5 years
CPA preferred but not required
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities Required (Unique and Measurable):
- Ability to understand basic accounting principles with application.
- Attention to detail.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Microsoft Office proficiency, particularly with Excel.
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles and their application.
- Exceptional proficiency to work with a financial system software.
- Be able to communicate with supervisor and department managers.
Elbit Systems of America is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities