The Staff Accountant is responsible for supporting operations by assisting in keeping of accurate books and records and providing information to Management and such other individuals and entities as may be required. This person will be actively involved in many of the steps necessary to guarantee a successful and timely end-of-month closing.
- Manage the preparation of the Income Statements, Balance Sheet and issue them timely and completely.
- Assist with monthly closings - coordinate journal entries, reconciliations, and preparation of actuals vs. forecasts variances.
- Reconcile general ledger balance sheet account balances. Maintain clear, up-to-date and concise supporting documentation and schedules of the month-end balances in all assigned accounts.
- Create and post manual general ledger entries as required.
- Perform monthly bank reconciliations.
- Maintain an orderly accounting filing system and financial documentation package.
- Administrator of the Concur Solutions expense reporting site.
- Accounts Payable
- Other task and projects as defined by Controller.
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or finance required.
- Minimum of 4 years of accounting and financial reporting experience.
- Knowledge of finance, accounting and budgeting, including Generally Accepted Accounting Principles is required.
- Excellent technical, verbal, and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment, with multiple and changing priorities.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office.
- Ability to deal with confidential and sensitive information with discretion.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is required to:
- Regularly sit, grasp, talk and/or hear
- Occasionally walk or stand
- Occasionally carrying and lifting office supplies up to 10 lbs
- Continuous hand/eye coordination and fine manipulation
BDS Marketing, LLC. (“BDS”) is an equal opportunity employer in every aspect of employment, including but not limited to; selection, training, development and promotion of the most qualified candidates and employees without regard to their race, gender, color, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic prohibited by state or local law. BDS is committed to equal employment opportunity in all other privileges, terms and conditions of employment, that may not be covered in this statement. BDS is an at-will employer.
BDSmktg is an award-winning retail marketing and sales agency. With over 30 years of experience guiding customers through the buying journey, they are experts at powering sales for the world’s top brands. BDSmktg offers their clients fully integrated solutions that drive brand demand and sell-through: Research, Brand Advocacy, Digital, Retail Readiness, and Retail Environments. Founded in 1984, BDS Marketing, LLC. is headquartered in Irvine, California with regional offices in Chicago, Illinois and Columbus, Ohio. For more information, visit www.BDSmktg.com.