Confie and its family of companies - Freeway, BlueFire & others - is one of the top 5 insurance brokers in the United States. We have successfully acquired and integrated over 100 acquisitions since 2008, which defines our credibility! Confie is a builder of companies, every single agency we’ve acquired, we’ve grown. We are proactively looking for bright, talented, and motivatedindividuals who are goal oriented and excited for career advancement. Be part of this amazing journey and take your career and income potential to new heights! Come Grow With Us!
- Integrity- We maintain the highest standard of ethical behavior, and do the right thing for the customers and employees.
- Commitment- We strive to provide value to our customers, our employees and our company.
- Accountability- We hold ourselves to the highest standards of accountability in all our actions.
- Respect- We are always mindful to respect our customers, ourselves and each other.
- Excellence- We focus on going the extra mile to exceed expectations.
Because we CARE, Confie conducts phone and video interviews to practice social distancing to accommodate the state, local or national guidelines. If you are considered to formally video interview, please consider the following recommendations:
Interviews can be conducted using a laptop or desktop computer with a webcam, tablet or smartphone.
- Find a quiet, private, well-lit space, free from possible interruptions.
- Position yourself so that you have a neutral background that’s free from distractions.
- Test your internet connection to be sure you have a good connection.
- Remember it’s an interview, so dress appropriately.
- Place your phone on do not disturb.
The Staff Accountant position will perform the administration, accounting and reconciliation functions of the MGA General Accounting Department.
- Obtain system reports and calculate monthly revenue components
- Prepare monthly Carrier reports and Settlements across multiple claims and policy systems
- Work with Carriers to resolve issues in month reporting
- Assist VP of Compliance with Carrier audits. Gather and provide supporting financial documents. Work with auditors to answer any financial questions
- Manage cash flows to ensure agents’ commissions are paid timely
- Prepare monthly report of premiums to VP of Strategy
- Assist others on the team to ensure accuracy of financials and timely close
- Prepare monthly journal entries as requested from Controller
- Work with various departments providing data and solutions to their issues
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations in relationship to the revenue entries (i.e. commission and fees receivable, premiums payable)
- Maintain complete and accurate records of all stale dated checks and assist corporate with the escheatment process, as required
- Record and reconcile daily cash activity within the system
- Participates in the year-end audit by creating or refining any reports and schedules requested
- 1-2 Years accounting experience
- Bachelor's degree a plush, not required.
- Ability to learn new claims and policy reporting systems and run reports in those systems
- Insurance Accounting experience
- Proficient with computers and software applications including databases and Microsoft products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret an extensive variety of financial, legal and technical information.
- Good organizational and time management skills a must.
- Critical thinking, decisiveness, objective evaluation.
- High energy level, comfortable performing multifaceted projects in conjunction with day-to-day activities.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills. Ability to get along with diverse personalities, tactful, flexible.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite with advanced skills in Excel.
- Ability to work independently but the experience to identify the need to partner at critical junctures in any business decision making activity.
- Ability to prioritize activities and projects. Skilled at time management and attention to administrative detail. Refined sense of urgency