Weichert Workforce Mobility is hiringa Staff Accountantin Morris Plains, NJ. TheStaffAccountant is responsible for performing routine accounting tasks requiring a basic understanding of accounting principles. The position handles primarily cash reconciliations and provides assistance necessary to ensure the effectiveness and efficiency of the accounting function.
Job responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepares daily reconciliation of all bank accounts.
- Researches and recommends solutions to resolve open bank items (e.g., wires, ACH, etc.).
- Reports open bank items to Treasury, Expense Management, and Cash Application departments.
- Records and reconciles intercompany transactions from Weichert Co.
- Prepares and reconciles Accounts Receivable, Accounts Payable, and unbilled Accounts Receivable on a monthly basis.
- Prepares and analyzes Fixed Assets reconciliation on quarterly basis.
- Works with the accounting team to ensure accuracy of the month end close and validity of the amounts.
- Completes required schedules for the year-end audit. Assists outside auditors by gathering information and providing explanations related to their test selections.
- Prepares and updates inter company account analysis and reconciles general ledger accounts.
- Serves as a back-up for various areas within the Shared Service Department.
- Works on special projects as assigned.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
The ideal candidate will meet the following:
- High school diploma or GED
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Accounting preferred
- Zero (0) to one (1) year of applicable experience
- Experience using user-based accounting and financial systems preferred
- Basic knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Basic understanding of the technical aspects of account analyses and financial statements
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite of products
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Strong customer service orientation
- Knowledge and ability to use typical office equipment (PC, calculator, fax machine, etc.)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.